DVDVR Message Board

Super Smash Brothers for Wii U and 3DS

How is she getting those from Amazon? They're store-exclusive. Or is she getting Japanese or Euro versions?

I believe they're the Euro versions.

And you win for getting all that.  I'll be lucky if I find half of that around here.

had no idea that amiibo wave 4 came out today. i actually thought it was last weekend, but i wasn't super excited for any of the characters.

by complete chance, happened to be at Best Buy today. they had a single Splatoon 3-pack still available (which i debated, but didn't pick up), Wario, and Pac-Man.

well, the only character i was interested in was Pac-Man, so snatched him. had Wario not been in that dumb biker costume i probably would've grabbed him too, but no worries. i'm happy. 

So I ended up getting four quality Amiibos Friday.  Got Wario, Paman, Greninja (spare one is for actual use, wife got hers from Japan) and Silver Mario for Mario Party.  Had no idea until I got home it was for Mario Party, but for silver version you never know how rare these can be.  All in all it turned out pretty well.

• 2 weeks later...

my amiibo collection sits at 17. picked up a few older ones on the cheap. nothing crazy, but i didn't have Mario, Peach, Yoshi, or Kirby, and now i do.

may see if i can hunt down a Ness (unless they're crazy rare and expensive, then nevermind). Hoping they reprint Little Mac (want him, but not THAT bad).

otherwise looking forward to Olimar in the next wave. still debating on Ganon (i don't have any villains now and am torn)

So they're having a Smash Bros Direct on Sunday separate from their normal E3 Direct. Also, Lucas is supposed to come out Sunday. But the patch started coming out in Japan early. And it turns out there's THREE characters coming in this patch. Lucas, Roy from
Fire Emblem, and this guy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmo6rFJDFsA

Here's Roy:

i was going to grab it anyway, but now i'm stoked! can't wait to have a real, experienced fighter in the mix and see how that goes.

i'm still randomly submitting ballots for Bomberman, btw. and a few for Simon Belmont, too.

• 2 weeks later...

J-subculture?  You, sir, are a life-saver!  Shit, for that price we can get one to keep in box, one to play with, and it would still cost less than what we'd pay elsewhere.  I'm going to show my wife, but feel we're going to need more shelf space now.

As for playing as Ryu, holy fuck is he a beast.  It's so very wonderful to play as him.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love how initially they made it sound like it'd be impossible to get the pre-order.  I think you had to wait an hour before stores open to pre-order in store.  But a couple days ago my wife and a friend quite easily managed to get it off their site.  That's a promising sign, hoping it's that easy to get 8 bit Mario.