DVDVR Message Board

POLL 8/6- 8/12 - WHAT WAS THE BEST FREE TV MATCH OF THE WEEK?

WHAT WAS THE BEST FREE TV MATCH OF THE WEEK?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. WHAT WAS THE BEST TV MATCH OF THE WEEK?

• Tommaso Ciampa vs. Ricochet vs. Chad Gable vs. Matt Riddle - RAW
    • Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Bronson Reed - RAW
    • Zoey Stark vs. Shayna Baszler - RAW
    • Cody Rhodes, Seth Rollins & Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Damian Priest, Dominik Mysterio & Finn Balor - RAW
    • Alex Hammerstone vs. Danny Limelight - MLW
    • Mustafa Ali vs. Axiom - NXT
    • Noam Dar vs. Tyler Bate - NXT
    • Dominik Mysterio vs. Dragon Lee - NXT
    • Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson vs. Jeff Hardy & Matt Hardy - DYNAMITE
    • Jack Perry vs. Rob Van Dam - DYNAMITE
    • Claudio Castagnoli & Jon Moxley vs. Penta El Zero Miedo & Rey Fenix - DYNAMITE
    • Fuego, Rugido & Audaz vs. Difunto, Polvora & Okumura - CMLL
    • Rich Swann & Sami Callihan vs. Ace Austin & Chris Bey - IMPACT
    • KUSHIDA vs. Mike Bailey - IMPACT
    • Brian Myers, Bully Ray & Moose vs. Black Taurus & Laredo Kid - IMPACT
    • El Hijo de Canis Lupus vs. Pig Destroyer - IWRG
    • Asuka vs. Charlotte Flair - SMACKDOWN
    • AJ Styles vs. Karrion Kross - SMACKDOWN
    • Brian Cage vs. Darby Allin - RAMPAGE
    • Orange Cassidy vs. Johnny TV - RAMPAGE
    • Momo Watanabe & Rina vs. Hazuki & Saya Iida vs. AZM & Miyu Amasaki vs. Hanan & Hina vs. Mei Seira & Suzu Suzuki vs. Momoka Hanazono & Yuna Mizumori vs. Maika & Thekla vs. Ami Sourei & MIRAI vs. HANAKO & Syuri vs. Billiken Death & Waka Tsukiyama - STARDOM x STARDOM
    • KENTA vs. El-P - NJPW on AXS
    • Kaito Kiyomiya vs. Gabe Kidd - NJPW on AXS
    • Kazuchika Okada vs. Will Ospreay - NJPW on AXS
    • Bad Dude Tito & Shane Haste vs. Flex McCallion & Richie Slade - UWN/ CWFH / DERBY CITY
    • Zeda Zhang vs. Savanna Stone - UWN/ CWFH / DERBY CITY
    • Danny Limelight vs. Invictus Khash - UWN/ CWFH / DERBY CITY
    • Athena vs. Rachael Ellering - ROH
    • Bishop Kaun & Toa Liona vs. Anthony Henry & JD Drake - ROH
    • Billie Starkz vs. Robyn Renegade - ROH
    • Shane Taylor vs. Gravity - ROH
    • Mentai Kid vs. Genkai vs. Kodai Nozaki - KYUSHU PRO 15TH ANNIVERSARY
    • Hitamaru Sasaki & Kota Umeda vs. Minoru Suzuki & Takaku Fuke - KYUSHU PRO 15TH ANNIVERSARY
    • Anthony Bowens & Max Caster vs. Boulder & Bronson - COLLISION
    • Diamante & Mercedes Martinez vs. Kris Statlander & Willow Nightingale - COLLISION
    • Brody King, Buddy Matthews & Malakai Black vs. Cash Wheeler, CM Punk & Dax Harwood - COLLISION

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/22/2023 at 03:59 AM

Funny week we had. Absolutely nothing calls out to me as a front-runner. Chaos, then. Uncertainly? Certainly. I didn't know Kyushu Pro uploaded stuff this fun. I finally got some STARDOM content! And it's one big silly match! I felt offended by the meager CMLL offering... but it was actually pretty solid with a hot crowd. And free G1 Climax matches are just alright with me.

Still, this week felt oddly scant so there's 4 open spots I'd love to see filled in. There has to be more lucha that I missed... well-meaning regional apuestas, big lucha en jaula, indie-ish Triplemania set-up show, but nothing made the cut. I gotta be wrong about something, lemme know. This was another busy week for me, hopefully the last for awhile, and this weekend I've got an overnight trip to Philly to see the NJPW double-shot at the ECW Arena, that poll will be a Monday thing as well. Then we're back to whatever normal is.

Links and things tomorrow.

Not seen it yet, but just looking at the choices it feels like Ospreay/Okada should probably be the frontrunner. 

Only caught up with WWE right now. All the Raw stuff was solid but nothing standout. All of the NXT matches were good. Smackdown had something building with Asuka/Charlotte until the non-finish. The frontrunner for me out of the WWE stuff with Dom/Dragon. That was a good clash of styles that worked rather well with a hot crowd into all of it. Still, I can see a decent amount here having the chance to beat it like the G1 matches or KUSHIDA/Bailey. Will have to get watching tomorrow and catch up.

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

I was gonna vote for the ladies but dark-horsed it for the NJ slapfest. 

Having Kross/AJ on there has to be a rib, right?

this was a...  paltry week, at best

Kross/AJ had the big ugly botch but it kind of built some momentum before the finish? Literally nothing else from Smackdown went over two minutes, save the women's match.

• Like 1

Felt the need to mention this today - fairly aware that the poll has been janky this month. This is the end of a busy couple of weeks that I'm currently capping off with a romantic two-day trip to Philly for the NJPW shows @ 2300. After this, I will have a painful amount of free time and attack these polls w/ a redoubled effort. Thank you for yr participation and all that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Missed out on Collision. Enjoyed Perry/RVD, Cage/Darby, & OC/Johnny, but none of them were anything special.

Pig Destroyer vs. Canis Lupis was not good, but I enjoyed it. The CMLL 6-man atg fun if forgettable. 

Bailey/Kushida was damn good stuff with the two meshing perfectly and busting out some nice limb work throughout.

Kaito/Kidd was solid. Kidd is a good dickhead, and I dug the pre-match attack and his drinking in the boos. Kaito responded in kind to all of it so damn well. Kenta/ELP fle tliek a lesser version of Kaito/Kidd though I dug the finish. Okada/Ospreay built into something pretty damn good.

Okada/Ospreay & Bailey/Kushida were the best matches this week. Dom/Dragon was probably my favorite. Went with Bailey/Kushida since I figure it get least love.