DVDVR Message Board

Ask Octopus Anything

Octopus

A15-C2-C57-5-F38-4662-B85-A-CBD34-CCAA93As soon as I walk in, I am meant with an aroma of mozzarella sticks and bourbon street sizzling chicken and shrimp. Just a beer today, boys. I’m helping my friend @Contentious C
Wow, what great service. And the bartender is new?! I wouldn’t have been able to tell. I happily nod to the usual bartender to give him the sign of approval that the new gal is doin A-OK. In my book, we’re all neighbors here.

So Contention C, where was the first date and where is this one? Did you notice the sly shy smile look down while gently brushing her hair behind her ear with her fingers? Has eye contact been made? How do you know each other pre-date? Has there been a lot of texting? Is she financially tied to riverboat gambling related debt? Is she super cute? 

• Like 1

Okay, I'll bite, and sorry for making it so wrestling-centric, but what would be your current day Octupii booked return of AEW's Quake by the Lake? Going on the precedent set by the inaugural 2022 show - give us (up to) 6 Dynamite dream matches and (up to) 3 Rampage-Baby dream matches plus a bonus 'In Action'. 

1 minute ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Okay, I'll bite, and sorry for making it so wrestling-centric, but what would be your current day Octupii booked return of AEW's Quake by the Lake? Going on the precedent set by the inaugural 2022 show - give us (up to) 6 Dynamite dream matches and (up to) 3 Rampage-Baby dream matches plus a bonus 'In Action'. 

assuming we are going off of currentish storylines. BUT because you said dream I’m treating it rightfully like Athena biggest show of the year. Free on television and it puts WWE out of business. Imagine I built everything up perfectly.

YOUTUBE (technically not) DARK wrestling:

Dante and Darius Martin (612 chants ensues) vs Platnum Satnum & Jay Lethal (managed by Jeff Jarrett

Nyla Rose vs Kiera Hogan

Nick Wayne vs Mark Briscoe

QUAKE BY THE LAKE 2 - We’re Gonna Need A Bigger Boat (Dynamite)

Show opens with WHAT THE FLIP? LUCHA MADNESS El Hijo Del Vikingo vs Komander vs El Soberano vs Mox?!?!?! Mox does a “I’m gettin too old for this shit promo” and gets his vacation.

Chris Jericho honors the legends of the AWA. Bockwinkel chants fill the arena. Jeff Jarrett comes out and calls Baron von Raschky a pussy. They’ll fight on Rampage for the Texas Chainsaw Massacre belt. Nothing saws AWA like that unnecessary gimmicks and a Jarrett….

LANCE ARCHER IN ACTION. He eats Serpentico. Challenges Eddie Kingston for future fun

Kingston comes out and flips him off. They brawl and get separated. Uh oh, the match scheduled next is Angelico vs Eddie Kingston for the Triple Crown or Continental whatever. Kingston is hurt and Angelico picks him apart. But Kingston’s American King’s Road is too great. Archer watches from the ramp and they will kill each other later. 

Fun Toni Storm segment. WHAT THE HECK WHAT IS ATHENA DOING IN THE DYNAMITE ZONE. They fuck each other up. Holy fuck they hit each other good.

Scissor Fuckers vs Bang Bang Gang to unify the trios belts and end the stupid conglomerate that they have now. Daddy Ass and The Acclaimed to lots of taunts. Neat. Bang Bang Gang win with a returning Juice Robinson kicking Billy in the dick. 

FTR do a promo about family. Young Bucks says no family fun on company time. Tension. They’ll match at a future PPV.

~RaNdOm DrEaM mAtCh~ BRYAN DANIELSON VS EL SATANICO

Kris Statlander & Willow Knightengale vs Serena Deeb & Thunder Rosa. It seems random, but the intrigue I create by the build will be written about for ages. At the end of the match they are all limpy and toe to toe. Then Brit Baler comes out with A RETURNING JAMEE HAYTER and oh shit everyone fights. Continental Classic for the women’s Division coming up. 

MAIN EVENT: Samoa Joe vs RUSH FUCK YEAH!

RAMPAGE - STILL QUAKIN’!

Penta vs RVD vs Claudio vs Big Bill (w/ Starks in his corner) stuff happens

Deonna Purrazzo vs Hikaru Shida. Good Stuff.

CHRIS JERICHO VS JEFF JARRETT IN A TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE DEATH MATCH FUCK YEAH.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don’t know if there is time difference and @Contentious C is on the date or not. I’m gonna say read the situation. If you end it or there is a moment where you’re both standing near each other (NOT SITTING) and you make eye contact in a smile way, then go for it. But don’t force if if she’s like mowing the lawn or doing taxes. But she’ll let you know with the body language. I’ve ticked this up in the past though, but learned from my mistakes. I’ll send you a message tonight if I do t hear from you to check in bud. Good luck and I wish you a future of happiness 

I haven’t eaten much today and I feel like I’m on a cloud. I’ve been down and stressed recently. But being at this Applebees I feel like I’m at the side of Zeus on a cloud. Olympia, Bless us. 

2 hours ago, Octopus said:

I haven’t eaten much today and I feel like I’m on a cloud. I’ve been down and stressed recently. But being at this Applebees I feel like I’m at the side of Zeus on a cloud. Olympia, Bless us. 

Zeus would want you to have some nachos.

Meh.

It went fine, but...I don't know.  She married her college boyfriend, got divorced 2 years ago, and has only been dating again for a bit over a year, and I very much get the impression she is figuring out who she is on her own.  These are, uh, to put it mildly, things I don't need time to figure out.  Nor do I need to be "the poor schmuck who happens to be around and gets the emotional short shrift while you figure them out."  I'm also getting demisexual sorts of vibes, did even on the first date so...probably wouldn't work anyway.  She said she wanted to go out again, but I think I'd rather just not bother if it's going to feel like there's no spark coming from her.  It might be simpler to just pose a few telling questions if/when she texts me again and see if I'm right, give myself the reason to hit the eject button now before getting involved.

It's too bad; the rest of it would have worked out nice if it were really about the nuts-and-bolts of "can you coexist?".  But I get a significantly stronger "she has the hots for me" feeling off a select few of my married/committed friends than I do this lady, and that's not what you want out of your own prospects.

Edited by Contentious C

20 hours ago, Octopus said:

assuming we are going off of currentish storylines. BUT because you said dream I’m treating it rightfully like Athena biggest show of the year. Free on television and it puts WWE out of business. Imagine I built everything up perfectly.

YOUTUBE (technically not) DARK wrestling:

Dante and Darius Martin (612 chants ensues) vs Platnum Satnum & Jay Lethal (managed by Jeff Jarrett

Nyla Rose vs Kiera Hogan

Nick Wayne vs Mark Briscoe

QUAKE BY THE LAKE 2 - We’re Gonna Need A Bigger Boat (Dynamite)

Show opens with WHAT THE FLIP? LUCHA MADNESS El Hijo Del Vikingo vs Komander vs El Soberano vs Mox?!?!?! Mox does a “I’m gettin too old for this shit promo” and gets his vacation.

Chris Jericho honors the legends of the AWA. Bockwinkel chants fill the arena. Jeff Jarrett comes out and calls Baron von Raschky a pussy. They’ll fight on Rampage for the Texas Chainsaw Massacre belt. Nothing saws AWA like that unnecessary gimmicks and a Jarrett….

LANCE ARCHER IN ACTION. He eats Serpentico. Challenges Eddie Kingston for future fun

Kingston comes out and flips him off. They brawl and get separated. Uh oh, the match scheduled next is Angelico vs Eddie Kingston for the Triple Crown or Continental whatever. Kingston is hurt and Angelico picks him apart. But Kingston’s American King’s Road is too great. Archer watches from the ramp and they will kill each other later. 

Fun Toni Storm segment. WHAT THE HECK WHAT IS ATHENA DOING IN THE DYNAMITE ZONE. They fuck each other up. Holy fuck they hit each other good.

Scissor Fuckers vs Bang Bang Gang to unify the trios belts and end the stupid conglomerate that they have now. Daddy Ass and The Acclaimed to lots of taunts. Neat. Bang Bang Gang win with a returning Juice Robinson kicking Billy in the dick. 

FTR do a promo about family. Young Bucks says no family fun on company time. Tension. They’ll match at a future PPV.

~RaNdOm DrEaM mAtCh~ BRYAN DANIELSON VS EL SATANICO

Kris Statlander & Willow Knightengale vs Serena Deeb & Thunder Rosa. It seems random, but the intrigue I create by the build will be written about for ages. At the end of the match they are all limpy and toe to toe. Then Brit Baler comes out with A RETURNING JAMEE HAYTER and oh shit everyone fights. Continental Classic for the women’s Division coming up. 

MAIN EVENT: Samoa Joe vs RUSH FUCK YEAH!

RAMPAGE - STILL QUAKIN’!

Penta vs RVD vs Claudio vs Big Bill (w/ Starks in his corner) stuff happens

Deonna Purrazzo vs Hikaru Shida. Good Stuff.

CHRIS JERICHO VS JEFF JARRETT IN A TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE DEATH MATCH FUCK YEAH.

Nice line-up. I'd really look forward to Joe v Rush. Great matchmaking!

Let's blow the roof off the place with a 'Cobra Corps' era Greg Gagne run-in. But... let's let the crowd decide which way he'll go. If the crowd is excited and chanting 'Gone-yay, Gone-yay' he'll save the Lionheart, and wave the banner of the American Wrestling Association. If the crowd takes the opportunity to show Greg their true feelings and they're not so pretty, Jarrett gets the assist. I like that scenario because then Greg could offer Jarrett the AWA TV Title, and we'll finally have enough belts to go around for everybody!

What do you think? Is it a Gone Baby Gone-Yay? Or is it a 'That Doesn't Work for me brother!'