DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 4/14/22

*Taped for BTI: Madison Rayne (w/ Tenille Dashwood & Kaleb with a K) def. Jessie McKay (w/ Cassie Lee) (6:34) after a ref bump, Kaleb was conflicted on who to throw a steel chair to so he threw it in the middle and Rayne used it. After the match, Kaleb gets slapped by the IInspiration. Kaleb gets the mic and said he doesn't need either team. W. Morrissey then comes out to put Kaleb through a table. 

Impact Wrestling - Airing April 14, 2022 from Philadelphia, PA

*Continued from BTI, W. Morrissey gets the mic for a promo. Brian Myers interrupts and they brawl. Morrissey goes to powerbomb Myers but Chelsea Green comes out and low blows him. Matt Cardona joins in and reunites with Myers as they put Morrissey through a table and then stand tall with Chelsea.

*Deonna Purrazzo(c) def. Willow Nightingale (9:34) via Venus de Milo submission to retain the ROH Women's Championship.

*Jonathan Gresham def. Rocky Romero (10:46) with a rollup

*Alex Shelley (w/ Chris Sabin) def. Steve Maclin (10:05) with the Shellshock after Sabin stopped Maclin from pinning with his feet on the ropes.

*Honor No More come out for a promo. Bullet Club interrupt and they brawl. PCO takes out everyone with a dive and then Jonah comes out for their match...

*Jonah def. PCO (14:03) with the Tsunami splash. After the match, PCO sat up so Jonah beat him down with a steel chair and another Tsunami.

Edited by DreamBroken

• 4 weeks later...

Solid matches tonight. I liked the use of BTI for an angle leading in to Impact. This was the end of Kaleb with a K in Impact per his Twitter. Morrissey has gotten quite over from when he started here, cool to see.

Deonna was a highlight as always, great performance vs. Willow. Gresham/Romero was solid. Really liked Shelley/Maclin, a match with two guys who have been on fire lately.  

Jonah/PCO was fun once again, nice transition from promo to brawl to match. Sad to see PCO get killed again in the post-match, hopefully he bounces back with something else. Pretty good build up for Rebellion all throughout the night. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wasn't expecting that from W Morrissey.  Bryan Meyers is a HEAT MACHINE~!   MATT CARDONA!  saves Bryan Meyers bacon!  They put Morrissey through a table!  That's quality heel shit right there.  Evil Chelsea Greene is the only Chelsea Greene.  Man, they really don't want me to order their PPV with a thousand indie gimmick matches counteracting Jonah vs Ishii.  Willow Nightingale is wrestling everywhere the last couple of weeks.  I await her tagging with Wendy Choo on NXT next Tuesday.  Her versus Deonna Purrazzo is tied to Willow versus Mercedes Martinez though this was taped two weeks before that match and I don't even think anybody knew about Willow vs Martinez until a like a week before, so I don't know if IMPACT! was aware of the implications of this match when it was happening.  But it isn't like Willow is signed, so they must have known?  Maybe Tony Khan has been planning the Purrazzo defense for a while and hipped Scott D'Amore to it.  Either way, Willow is wrestling like a ROH contender and not a Dark enhancement wrestler.  Hell, Willow counters an armbar and hits a Death Valley Bomb.  She is all about the babyface fire.  Purrazzo counters a lariat into a Venus De Milo and Willow is going to be a superstar even though she taps here. This was good.  I await Deonna Purrazzo versus Jamie Hayter/Toni Storm eventually.  CHELSEA IS EVIL AND BEATING UP ON MICKIE JAMES!  CHELSEA IS AWESOME!    Tasha Steelz tries to heat up her match with Rosemary.  I... don't see Rosemary winning the Knockout's title any rime soon.  HEY!  It's Jonathan Gresham!  Speaking of folks wrestling everywhere lately,  I await him to show up tagging with Naito on New Japan's show after this one.  And Rocky Romero who is also wrestling everywhere lately.  I await him tagging with Gnarls Garvin versus EJ Nduka and Calvin Tankman for the MLW tag titles.  Oh man, I assume they are building to Gresham versus Samoa Joe and Samoa Joe wrestling Blackpool Combat Club style doesn't bode well for Gresham's dainty Malenko-isms.  Eddie Edwards versus Samoa Joe would be better.  Give Eddie the ROH belt, TK!  Oh man, Gresham tenderly slaps Romero's chest and I can only think about Suzuki vs Joe yesterday.  Oh man, that match is going to be UGLY.  Actually, Samoa Joe versus Adam Page would be really good.  Maybe Joe will bypass Gresham- even though that would be a major assbeating.  Actually, putting the ROH title on Joe would be one step closer to Samoa Joe versus IMPACT! champion, Josh Alexander.  Let's not pay attention to the actual show and just fauntasy book Samoa Joe's short term career.  Mike Bailey is a weirdo!  Alex Shelly versus Steve Maclin!  This is why you watch the IMPACT!  Maclin wrestles very methodically because of his years at the performance center.  Shelley is super indie so equals out.  Maclin hits a nice fat boy tope.  Shelley is awesome in the Tree of Woe, struggling to get free before taking a spear from Maclin.  Maclin is deceptively good.  Sabin helps Shelley win by not allowing Maclin to cheat to win.  Jay White is on the mic!  Jay White versus Samoa Joe would be good.  It all comes back to Samoa Joe this week.  Jay White versus Eddie Edwards would be good.  Bullet Club versus Honor No More was to set up PCO to be a lunatic and dive from the toprope.  Being ECW arena, it obviously morphs into JONAH vs PCO.  Man, PCO is such a freak.  Nobody over the age of 50 should bump as crazy as he does.  Hell, nobody should bump as crazy as he does.  JONAH lays it in and I assume his match against Ishii will be fucking awesome.  HEY! JONAH vs Samoa Joe would be good.  JONAH versus Eddie Edwards would be good and seems more likely to happen.  JONAH has already wrestled Josh Alexander but they could definitely run it again after Alexander gets the title.  NASTY piledriver by JONAH.  PCO is the Undertaker!  PCO misses a super old school moonsault and then does that crazy assed bump from the top to the apron.  Oh yeah, THE BEST COMMENTARY IN WRESTLING.  JONAH hits an awesome Superfly Splash and gets the win. PCO keeps trying to sit up so Jonah hits him with a chair and then Superfly splashes him with a chair draped across him.  JONAH is awesome.  PCO is awesome.  That was awesome.  SAMOA JOE~!

• Like 2

Unexpected redemption promo from W Morrissey.  Babyface is a smart way to go as long as he keeps the chip on his shoulder.  Seeing the Major Players beatdown 'Moz' triggers a memory of the Impact Players laying knuckles to big Sid.  Okay segment, but didn't W already give Brian Myers a beating and clean loss?  Purrazzo-Nighingale was excellent.  Willow's been looking good climbing the ladder.  I suspect she'll be a more universally valued name soon.  Chelsea Green is an exceptional talent.  This Mickie segment like a lot of stuff could use a time trim.  Impact is always so intent on lingering the camera for reaction.  Fucking stop this nonsense already!  Somebody needs to compile a nice video of segment closing reactions as featured weekly (totally non-stop) on Impact.  Gresham-Romero had some odd posturing, and felt a bit like a routine, and then closed out pretty well.  It'll be interesting to see how TK and co. balance Gresham's strengths/weaknesses?  I suspect John has a little more personality than has thus been seen.  Maclin-Shelley was solid as would be expected.  Shelley has some very silly posturing.  I wonder if both he and Sabin aren't substantially better suited to be heels (I don't actually know the MCMG that well).  Maclin completely missed the elbow yet they sold it as if he had hit it clean.  Whomever at Impact that decided to air that botch uncut should be notified for their terrible work.  You could take a break or find any number of ways to cover for a mistake.  Dear Impact, don't be afraid to take advantage of being a taped show.  I am very game for a Moose-Josh Alexander match without any need for domestic drama.  I generally like the use of video packages, but these seemed go on and on.  The intentions from this production team are clear 'we want drama'.  Impact seems certain the higher the degree of forced drama the more it will sell this PPV.  I'm not convinced this is necessary.  There are enough solid talkers between Bullet Club and Honor No More to grant a talk segment, but there still needs to be a good enough reason.  There's no issue here that requires that amount of mic time.  The forthcoming match led into by a couple pre-tape promos would have sufficed.  I skipped most of the tornado brawl.  Did that brawl and PCO's dive kill the crowd?  They were kinda quiet for the excellent Jonah-PCO bout.  It's hard not to feel great sympathy for PCO's pain.  He really needs to be a clear babyface and separated from those former ROH heels.  I don't want to proclaim Jonah as 'the best big man in the business', but he's as good as anybody I'm watching right now.  There's a big bright shiny future for Jonah!

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 3