DVDVR Message Board

UFC 250: Nunes vs. Spencer (6/6/2020) - Las Vegas, NV (UFC APEX)

Elsalvajeloco

12 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Wait are we thinking that it is demeaning because of how ugly that belt looks?

It was a really nice gesture, but if you were just going to give me the belt...did we have to do the whole getting beat up part? I feel like we could have cut out the middleman.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This has to be the first time in a long while (I think there were a couple UFCs where the main event for the next PPV was in flux going into the previous PPV) where the next PPV wasn't being build towards or they didn't have one ready to go.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

This has to be the first time in a long while (I think there were a couple UFCs where the main event for the next PPV was in flux going into the previous PPV) where the next PPV wasn't being build towards or they didn't have one ready to go.

Which in Dana Speak means it will Happen. 

• Like 2

Well Amanda just fought. She doesn't have to fight right away, and you can let the bantamweight division readjust.

EDIT: 

Dana White at the press conference said Aldo vs. Yan is a done deal. Fuck. 

Edited by TheVileOne

4 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Well Amanda just fought. She doesn't have to fight right away, and you can let the bantamweight division readjust.

Problem is at this rate, I'm not sure how many viable main events or even co-mains they have and that's with the men included. Nunes vs. Aldana kinda interests me, but at the same, Aldana didn't do well in the Evinger fight when it came to stopping takedowns. And that's gangly Tonya Evinger who has is about 90 percent grittiness and 10 percent athleticism. At flyweight, it's tough right now cause someone goes on a solid win streak only to be cut off by a person who has already lost to Valentina. I think the longest win streak right now is Molly McCann at 3 and none of those people were anywhere close to be ranked. Maybe they can do Roxy vs. Valentina if she beats Lauren Murphy but that's going to be a massacre.

2 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Problem is at this rate, I'm not sure how many viable main events or even co-mains they have and that's with the men included. Nunes vs. Aldana kinda interests me, but at the same, Aldana didn't do well in the Evinger fight when it came to stopping takedowns. And that's gangly Tonya Evinger who has is about 90 percent grittiness and 10 percent athleticism. At flyweight, it's tough right now cause someone goes on a solid win streak only to be cut off by a person who has already lost to Valentina. I think the longest win streak right now is Molly McCann at 3 and none of those people were anywhere close to be ranked. Maybe they can do Roxy vs. Valentina if she beats Lauren Murphy but that's going to be a massacre.

Well, who knows how much longer Nunes wants to do this. But it seems whenever a dominant champion gets to this point, that's when they lose.

8 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Well, who knows how much longer Nunes wants to do this. But it seems whenever a dominant champion gets to this point, that's when they lose.

Based on the way she talked on the post fight show on ESPN+ Amanda intends on continuing for awhile just not at 135 (unless she’s forced to). My biggest issue with that is outside of Megan Anderson who or what is left to fight at her “desired” weight class? I don’t think Rogan should be calling her the GOAT if she just beats up tin cans for the next 2-3 years. 

And before anyone tries saying some of the men’s greats did it, that’s total BS. GSP beat name fighters, and made them look like amateurs, and the same can be said for Anderson Silva (minus the Damian Maia fight). 

I like Amanda a ton, but beating Ronda once she’d already been exposed, beating Miesha who needed luck to defeat Holly, and then beating Holly after she’d already lost to Miesha, Bullet, and Cyborg doesn’t really scream GOAT to me. The biggest win she has that was definitive was Cyborg, and that definitely is one of the best title fight wins of all time regardless of gender. But when the rest of your record isn’t overly impressive (including a disputed win vs Bullet the second time) I don’t see how it makes you the GOAT. 

Edited by MavsFan77
  • Like 1

With the special 30 for 30 on Bruce Lee last night, he was No. 7 for most searched term on the Internet yesterday with 200,000. NXT Takeover did not crack the top 20 yesterday.  For UFC on Saturday, the final tally was UFC was No. 1, Conor McGregor was No. 3, Sean O'Malley was No. 5, Cody Garbrandt was No. 6, Cody Stamann was No. 8 and Chase Hopper was No. 16.  It's pretty clear the show was a much bigger deal than most had predicted it would be. 

SEAN O'MALLEY TO NXT CONFIRMED!

• RIPPA unpinned this topic