DVDVR Message Board

Super Smash Brothers for Wii U and 3DS

Lesnar shouldn't be the playable character.  He should be the giant boss at the end of the story (like the giant hand in past versions)  Otherwise no amount of game balancing can stop him from squashing everybody in record time.  So yes, I must see this.

And my wife was looking for the Ness preorder but Gamestop's site crashed.  By the time she found Ness the preorders were already sold out.  Good ol' Gamestop.

I got a Ness preorder by going in the store.

The employees told me "We've tried for 20 different customers today, it only worked for the first one." Took about 10 fucking minutes, but then it worked! I'm lucky.

• 1 month later...

As long as I eventually get Pac-Man and Lucina, I shall be happy. That said, it's nice to see them working to get things into people's hands.

Already got them on pre-order from Wal-Mart.  An Amiibo Facebook group really helped me out with that.  

I'm not a huge Amiibo completist, but I feel the pain of people who aren't getting the ones they want.  I hope Nintendo is sincere.  I mean it's nice to make promises, but actions speak louder than words.

also, Mewtwo has become available in the Smash Bros game. so did some new mii fighter costumes, although i doubt many care about them.

and the 2nd round of DLC has dropped for Mario Kart 8. 

man, MK8 is awesome. the new tracks are fun as hell. can't top the Legend of Zelda track from the first batch, but some really fun stuff in here too.

There's a snow level in the new Mario Kart DLC that has no laps. Just one giant course. It's awesome. And Dry Bowser is my new dude.

Mewtwo is so disappointing. First off, they took out his ability for his Shadow Ball to do damage while it's charging, which was a tactic I used ALL THE TIME. Also, his Disable still only makes the opponent go to sleep if he's facing them. The most powerful psychic in all of Pokemon can be defeated by turning around? Fuck you! Also, ZERO custom moves. Fucking bullshit.

That said, as somebody who didn't use Mewtwo in the past he's a beast in this version.  My main gripe is the setup for the disable attack, but I've been killing fools left and right.  He's maybe a little overpowered, but so much fun to play as.

We have this cool game store at White Marsh Mall called Regen where they have the new Smash on a TV for anybody to play.  Everytime I go there people are playing the heck out of it.  Great way to see what they're doing and get some fun matches in.  Since my friends have stopped anything Nintendo in favor of PS4/XBone it's nice to play these with people like in past years.

As for promises of fulfilling demand for Amiibos, I'll believe it when I see it.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank God tomorrow was my day off anyway because....

WAVE 4 TOMORROW, MOTHERFUCKAAAAASSSSS!!!

Here's my battle plan: wake up at 5:00 am and head to Target for their opening at 8:00. Snag a Jigglypuff and as many other Wave 4's as I can. Then head to Toys R Us for their 10:00 opening to get Greninja and any others I missed at Target. I already have a Ness on preorder, so I can skip GameStop.

Then try to rent Splatoon, and Bear and I record a video for it. Hopefully to go up tomorrow night.

Aw, man, my body is so not ready for the hunt.  I was getting used to not having to check every single store that might carry them.

But anyway, time to get those battle plans ready.  Let's see what I can check before and after work (kind of a good thing I get out early)

EDIT:  Greninja at Toys R Us only?  Aw, sonofabitch.  The only way to get that is if I convince my my friend who's soon to give birth (anyday now for her) to get it, but I'd feel like a right bastard for that.

Which is why I'll gear up for Plan B:  To Amazon/Ebay I go!!!!

Big Fresh, I don't know about you, but man do I feel super white and nerdy right now.

• Like 1

Fuckkkkkk Target! Waited in line there for 2 hours, and then they say "2 Amiibos per customer TOTAL, not per character". I was 4th in line. I got Jigglypuff and Lucina.

Currently in line at Toys R Us, they claim they got plenty of Charizards, Robins, Warios, and Greninjas, so I should be able to pick up the rest in 90 minutes. But still, fuck Target.

At least your Target had them in stock.  Mine won't have it in stock until Sunday or Monday.  Oh, well, at least I'll have time to try a couple places.

And it turns out my wife is indeed the smart one between two of us, as she is getting Jigglypuff and Greninja shipped from Amazon at a fairly decent price.  Now it's just looking for Pacman and maybe Lucina if I come across it.