DVDVR Message Board

Region free blu ray player

Control

Here's where I got mine a couple of years ago, does both RF DVD and Blu-Ray:

http://www.220-electronics.com

EDIT:  I've also heard of a cheap model that you can hack yourself if you're handy.  Insignia, I think?  I didn't want go with that, I preferred mined ready to go from the box, for the most post.  But if Insignias are still around, that's another option.

• Like 1

This seems a good a place as any to ask. I don't know the details, but blu-ray discs seem to be a lot spacier than DVDs, how close are we to affordable blu-ray writing for anything? Will it be like it is now in a few years for blank DVDs but for blurays instead and nice and cheap? I have visions and even sometimes dreams of putting several DVDs of a show on one single blu-ray.

This seems a good a place as any to ask. I don't know the details, but blu-ray discs seem to be a lot spacier than DVDs, how close are we to affordable blu-ray writing for anything? Will it be like it is now in a few years for blank DVDs but for blurays instead and nice and cheap? I have visions and even sometimes dreams of putting several DVDs of a show on one single blu-ray.

I have been combining my multiple disk DVD sets to Blu-Ray for years, to me it is quite affordable but of course I use a computer.  But you can get a Blu-Ray Burner on the PC for $80, and a 50 disk spindle of BD-R disks for $25.  I think that optical media will still have its place for years, although Bill Gates will probably eventually get his wish and everything will be shared in a cloud or something.