DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 4/20/23 - Toronto, Ontario

*Taped for BTI: Heath & Rhino def. Jack Price & Shogun (7:12) when Rhino pinned Shogun after The Gore

Impact Wrestling - Airing April 20, 2023 from Toronto, Ontario, Canada

*Time Machine (Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, & Kushida) def. Trey Miguel, Jonathan Gresham, & Speedball Mike Bailey (28:10) when Sabin pinned Trey with the Cradle Shock

*Alisha Edwards def. Tara Rising (2:41) after a facebuster. After the match, Alisha looked to attack further but Jody Threat made the save.

*Moose (w/ Brian Myers) def. Yuya Uemura (w/ Bhupinder Gujjar) (10:00) after the Spear.

*Frankie Kazarian def. Jason Hotch & John Skyler (3:41) via crossface chickenwing submission on Skyler.

*Joe Hendry(c) def. Sheldon Jean (5:11) after the Standing Ovation to retain the Digital Media Championship

*Steve Maclin held a USA centric Changing of the Guard Ceremony as his championship celebration. Maclin ended up challenging any Canadian to a title match. Scott D'Amore came out and announced Maclin will defend against PCO in the main event of Under Siege next month. PCO then came out and ran off the extras involved in the segment.

Edited by DreamBroken

That Time Machine vs Speedball/ Gresham/ Miguel match was a SAGA.  That was like a 45 minute Dragon Gate 6 man.  I back IMPACT!'s play one hundred percent.  Yuya versus Moose was really good.  Evil Alissa Edwards is what the world has needed for a while.

• Like 3

Trios opener was absolutely epic! Great stuff from great talents. Feel like how last year was Maclin's breakout year, this feels like Trey's, he's really become one of my favorites as of late. Great triple submissions spot leading into the 2nd break. 

Solid match from Moose/Yuya and Hendry over Jean.  Dug the set up for Maclin vs. PCO as Maclin's first big challenge, with Aldis looming for Slammiversary. Good first promo back from Aldis and nice to see a Jimmy Jacobs appearance.

Love the little video package on Deonna. Welcome to the new Age of the Virtuosa. Her and Taylor Wilde next week should be great.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

This was on Pluto so I gave it a watch

if you are not familiar with Pluto they play matches from the catalog between show the match before this show was the really fucking good Samoa Joe vs Christopher Daniels from the first Thursday Night IMPACT! back in April of 06. If you haven’t seen it and I’m almost certain everyone in the TNA thread has before but it’s worth a rewatch. 

The Joe-Daniels match is what got me to watch the show. I was flipping through Pluto say this match starting watching cuz it’s a fucking awesome match and then Impact started and I said what the hell
I’ll watch it 

The opening tag match, was really good. One of I think The Shield’s lasting impacts on the business is that 6 man tag matches are cool again in the U.S. wrestling scene. They made it mainstream. I’ve noticed over maybe the last decade you will get a 6 man tag match on TV that is given time features some really good wrestlers who allowed to go out there and give the crowd a fucking wrestling match. This is one of those matches and it goes back to what those 6 guys were doing on Raw and Smackdown 10 or 11 years ago. I didn’t take move by move notes of this. It’s a 6 man X-Division match that went 30 minutes. You’ve seen it but it features 6 wrestlers who know exactly what they are doing and it results in a really good match. 

I missed the Purazza video.

Alisha Edwards vs Tara Rizing was a competitive squash. Tara got in some offense but the match was mostly Alisha. The match was set up in a backstage segment with Satino Marcella. Alisha wanted Satino, the director of authority to do something about PCO and Alisha got booked in a match instead, so Alisha seemed annoyed the whole match which I think added to the match. After the match Alisha continues assaulting Tara and Jody Threat made the save. We come back from break Threat and Tara sitting on a staircase, kinda like Raven in ECW. Threat and Tara have wrestled on Impact before and there’s a mutual respect there. I like that storyline progression now we have Alisha and Jody in an angle. 

Moose vs Yuya Umero was a fun match. There was a time when I was watching a lot of New Japan World and Sumerian was a fresh out the dojo during that time. I wrote young boy and changed it didn’t read right. I’ve seen this guy in a lot of first and second matches on the card invoking this guy so It’s cool to see Yuya hear on his excursion. First time I’ve seen Yuya wrestle in something other than black trunks and boots. Yuya took it to Moose in this one. This was pretty hard hitting. Moose won with a spear. Brian Myers was in Moose’s corner for this match so they’ve been planting the seeds for The Process for a while, cuz I think this was early in the stiryline.

Jimmy Jacobs talks to Nick Aldis we ho has returned to Impact. Aldis cute a good promo basically saying he came into TNA green left matured as a person and as a wrestler and he’s back now and he’s gunning for the world championship. 

Every roster needs doofuses and The Good Hands are those Doofuses. Kaz is facing them in a handicap match. The interfered in a match Kaz was at Rebellion and Kaz took care of them which set up this match. Hodge and Skylar get the early advantage on Kaz they have the numbers and they came out swinging but Kaz wasn’t down and out for long and made quick work of The Hands. Kaz wins after he makes Skylar tap out to a chicken wing submission hold.

I’m a fan of the coven I’ve said it before but I do like that Taylor Wilde came back and reinvented herself in a sense from the Taylor Wilde in 2008. Wilde is setting her sights on The New Knockouts Champion Deonna Purazza.

I had to go do something so this was all I watched. 

• Like 1