DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Lightfall

RIPPA

All I was able to do was log in, watch the cutscene and talk to Shaxx and then all hell broke loose in my house

I did like all the Easter Eggs in the space Shaxx is in

I was in Fallout's stream yesterday during the reveal and I gotta say it was fun watching all these big content creators lose their minds at Final Shape. I also got to watch Aztec's video and he seemed pretty pleased as well. Probably will get around to seeing Datto's today.

Edited by Shadow
  • Like 1

This is coming from Paul Tassi who is reporting on what a leaker is saying so take EVERYTHING with a million pounds of salt

But reportedly Bungie is indeed working on Destiny 3

Tassi is educational guessing that D3 wouldn't hit until the next console generation so clearly we are still talking like 4-5 years away

4 hours ago, Shadow said:

How long did it take you to do the near 50 waves?

Probably an hour. Its very much not something that can easily be rushed through without a proper LFG style Fireteam and probably mic. Even then it will take time.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

This is coming from Paul Tassi who is reporting on what a leaker is saying so take EVERYTHING with a million pounds of salt

But reportedly Bungie is indeed working on Destiny 3

Tassi is educational guessing that D3 wouldn't hit until the next console generation so clearly we are still talking like 4-5 years away

This feels mostly accurate though I will say it will probably still be in the current gen and is probably more 2-3 years away. Its blatantly obvious in hindsight after The Final Shape vidoc from yesterday why Joe and others at Bungie wouldn't commit to future expansion talk after last year's Showcase. They don't want to dedicate that level of time & resources to full expansions when they have another full blown game cooking. This isn't some random decision made the last few months. They have almost certainly been working on this for a year or more already. Just like how there is no chance Prismatic and the Dread came from the delay. They just were trying to keep that shit secret until probably right before TFS's release.

https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/article/prismatic_deep_dive

That is the breakdown of what you can do with Prismatic

It is not only a COMBINE ANYTHING YOU WANT~! - there are specific things you can use

There is a chart that shows what is available to each class

They did make sure to let everyone know that Prismatic will be available from the very first Final Shape mission

Limitations makes sense as it means people just might actually still use the older subclasses as well.

Made it through all 50 waves of Onslaught finally. GIves a pretty good amount of loot like the Coil though just like the Coil it can take forever if you don't have a good loadout or team. Took me 90 damn minutes. I do have all 6 weapons from week 1 now. Shockingly my first two rolls on the sword are essentially the god rolls, including a random curated roll. That of course means the one I got from Shaxx afterward sucked. 

Edited by Eivion

I got to 30 waves before my team quit without me knowing, I died, and it was over. I was so mad. I do enjoy Onslaught, though. It’s really fun. I know PVP is popular with this game but I wish there were more PVE options besides Vanguard/Nightfall and DoE. I’m not counting raids and dungeons since they don’t support matchmaking and are knowledge based (enemies, movement, puzzles, etc) more than anything.

I’m just gonna go ahead and guess that when Marathon inevitably flops, Bungie/Sony will panic and push for accelerated production on Destiny 3.

Or they gut Bungie.

4 minutes ago, Casey said:

I’m just gonna go ahead and guess that when Marathon inevitably flops, Bungie/Sony will panic and push for accelerated production on Destiny 3.

Or they gut Bungie.

Some are already theorizing that the Marathon delay was to move resources back to Destiny to get D3 out the door sooner rather than later

Who knows... I would just like to be alive when D3 finally comes out

I get the feeling Marathon and Destiny aren't sharing much in the way of resources as far as people go. The feeling I have gotten from what little has been said of Marathon on the dev side is that the people who went over to it essentially were tired of/done with Destiny. I don't fathom them wanting to return. If Marathon flops its more likely we see more releases opposed to most of the team moving over to Destiny, be it 2 or 3.

Edited by Eivion

Was finally able to play

Cleared 50 waves (regular) on my first attempt. Helped that I got two teammates who knew what they were doing as I was figuring it out

While it took almost a hour based on the in game timer - it didn't feel like a hour at all

• Like 1

I did a second successful 50 waves on regular last night. It went much smoother than my first and was just a couple of minutes over an hour. Time passed so quickly I hadn't realized it went that long till I saw the timer just before the final boss fight.

Will say the attunement deal doesn't feel like its working right. Its supposed to be 50% drop rates from Onslaught and emblems with Shaxx, but it seemed more like 30% when I tried it with Hung Jury. I only found 3 while I got probably 8 or more of the other other weapons. Can't complain too much since I found some good Recluse rolls though i have still yet to find a Master-At-Arms roll.

Tried a Solo run of Whisper

Did it completely cold and Jesus did I forget a lot of the platforming. I wasted too much time trying to remember which circle hole to jump into.

Made it to the final bosses but wasted too much time getting there that I was only able to kill one.

I didn't look for any secrets

The Final Shape Raid is launching June 7 which is only 3 days after the expansion drops

Datto just tweeted that one of his raid team members booked his wedding for June 7 (which was done pre-Final Shape delay)

So.... yeah...

I feel like people should be less surprised about that raid date as I want to say they hinted towards it before. I think the final campaign mission won't even launch until the raid is done so there was no chance in hell of them waiting two weekends.

Did Whisper solo last night. I think I had a minute or two left on the timer when I was done. I probably would have finished faster had I not been stupid and freed all of the bosses at once like a cocky dumbass. Its nice to finally have it done. Was never able to finish the original since every death kicked you out. Went ahead and rand through some of it again to get the currently available oracles. Now I just need to do a legend run which I'm definitely looking for a fireteam for.

I also finally used Whisper for the time. I like it and kind of feel dumb for never really trying it until now.

Well they broke Legendary Onslaught

Apparently the portal to fight to boss on Level 50 is not appearing

Bungie themselves has told players to quit after beating the boss at Level 40 until they can figure out how to fix it

HA! They are basically undoing sunsetting. Everyone is gonna be so mad at Datto

REMOVING POWER LIMITS FROM LEGACY GEAR  
One problem we encountered when designing Fireteam Power was Power limits found on older gear items. You might have noticed as you read about Fireteam Power that the Adjusted Power shared by the Power Leader would sidestep the caps on old Power limited items, making it possible to ignore them. After thoroughly considering the problem space, we came to the decision to remove Power limits from all items starting in The Final Shape.

Always being able to play with your friends was a huge goal for us. As we close out the Light and Darkness saga, we want to rally all Guardians (active, returning, and new) to help fight the Witness, and there is no better way to play Destiny than with your fireteam. As we pursued this goal, it became apparent that Power limits were fundamentally incompatible with Fireteam Power. 

We understand that many old Power limited items have been dismantled by this point, and we regret that we have no recovery mechanism for these. Going forward, we intend to reintroduce sources for most or all of these, updated to modern Destiny sandbox standards with added properties such as Origin Traits and buildcrafting perks (as we have started to do with the BRAVE arsenal in Destiny 2: Into the Light). 

Poor Datto. They finally broke his will to vault clean 😞.

Weirdly enough I always had a sneaking suspicion they might actually remove weapon sunsetting, especially after they decided to stop doing it so quickly. We also have powered way beyond those old weapons. It just that Bungie has also increased the difficulty of the game to match.

I've gotten rid of plenty, but I always kept the shit I cared most about sentiment wise so I'm good. Does mean I can start using my god roll Gnawing Hunger and Subtle Calamity again. The latter is my highest weapon kills weapon at 11k+. Might break out Oxygen just to see if the perk gives a decent boost to dragonfly.

Based on their comments I'm guessing older weapons will be coming back updated as part Onslaught and the BRAVE arsenal in the future. We know they had to cut down from 40 in their original list so they have plenty to still work with.

Account wide power is a smart decision for all the crazy people actively running multiple characters. 

I'm kind of surprised people have missed that Deep Dives and the Coil aren't disappearing with The Final Shape. Makes me curious if all of the Lightfall year sticks around for now.

Edited by Eivion