DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 10/6/22 - Nashville, TN

*Taped for BTI: Juice Robinson def. Alex Zayne (9:28) after the Rock Slide

Impact Wrestling - Airing October 6, 2022 from Nashville, TN

*Frankie Kazarian def. Kenny King (9:26) via crossface chickenwing submission.

*Mia Yim def. Gisele Shaw (11:19) after Eat Defeat. Mickie James did commentary

*Steve Maclin def. Moose (9:55) in a match where Sami Callihan was guest referee after Callihan laid out both men but put Maclin on top of Moose and counted the pin.

*Taya Valkyrie & JesSICKa (w/ Rosemary) def. The Swingerellas (w/ Johnny Swinger & Zicky Dice) (1:31) when JesSICKa pinned Rylee after the Sickishi Driver.

*Alex Shelley (w/ Chris Sabin) def. Matt Taven (w/ Mike Bennett & Maria Kanellis) (14:33) after the Shellshock 

*Contract signing for Jordynne Grace vs. Masha Slamovich at Bound for Glory. In the end, Masha attacks Jordynne and ends up hitting the Snow Plow through the table.

Edited by DreamBroken

• 2 weeks later...

It's Kenny King!  He's wrestling Frankie Kazarian!  I love this match.  They are doing all kinds of tricked out stuff they never usually do.  Let me see something.  Ah, according to cagematch.net, they have wrestled 7 times before- 5 times in ROH.  But this is the first singles match they have had.  Beautiful EXPLOIDER With A BRIDGE! by King!  King goes EVEN MORE King's Road-  Released Dragon Suplex into a Tiger Driver!  FOR TWO!  Kazarian procures a Crossface Chickenwing for the win!  That was good.  It's Mickie James!  She's from the Northern Neck of Virginia.  She is married to Nick Aldis.  It's Giselle Shaw.  She is from the Philippines, but I think she is Canadian now.  Mia Yim is from California but grew up in Northern Virginia and is married to Keith Lee.  Both Yim and Giselle are 33 years old.  Thanks, Wikipedia!  Both of these folks will COMPLETELY lay it in.  They fuck around for a while and then they start laying it in.  THEN! Gisele and Yim do lots of nasty looking offense.  Gisele takes Yim's finisher better than anybody else has.  That was good.  It's Moose versus Steve Maclin with special referee Sami Callihan.  I don't see this being called down the middle!  This match has many chops.  FUN Tope by Maclin.  Callihan is basically making this a death match.  Maclin is bleeding because Steve Maclin totally fucking rules.  He is the Jon Moxley of IMPACT!- bleeding-wise.  Moose is prolly the best athlete in IMPACT! Moose raking the open wounds of Maclin is awesome.  Moose IS Mr Pogo!  Maclin is really bleeding a lot.  It's awesome.  BEAUTIFUL Skyhigh Powerbomb by Moose.  Callihan Piledrives both and Maclin is draped over Moose for the win!  That was odd but good.  Who are the Swingerellas? Cagematch.net lists them as ??? and ???.   I assume they are there to get slaughtered by Taya Valkyrie and JesSICKa.  JesSICKa's Battle Coat is hot pink this week.  JesSICKA fucking CRUSHES Swingerella #2 with a SICKishi Driver!  JesSICKa is fucking GREAT.  Chelsea and Deonna are mean to Gia!  They don't make fun of her accent like Madison Rayne did, so it isn't transcendently hilarious. It's Matt Taven versus Alex Shelley.  Let me check something.  According to cagematch.net, these guys have wrestled nine times before this.  Their only singles match was for Taven's ROH World Heavyweight title.  Mike Bennett CHEATS!  THEN!  Chris Sabin CHEATS!  Look at all the CHEATING!  Taven rakes the eyes and hits a couple of backbreakers.  Oh yeah, I had almost forgotten that Matt Taven rules.  Matt Taven hits ANOTHER Backbreaker!  Look at all the BACKBREAKERS!  Taven misses a Lionsault and they do a bunch of reversals.  Taven HITS the Lionsault!  FOR TWO!  Shelley hits a Flatliner into the second rope!  SHIRANUI by Shelley but Maria Kannelis CHEATS!  FOR TWO!  Taven takes Shelley's knees after a Love Machine Splash.  Then everybody hits a wad of finishers until Shelley hits Shellshock.  I just NOW get the name of SHELLey's Finisher- SHELLshock.  I AM A GENIUS!   That was good.  Everything on this episode is good.  The only great thing was Steve Maclin bleeding like a freak.  Masha Slamovich and Jordynn Grace sign the contract!  Masha SPEAKS!  And then puts Grace through the table with a Northern Lights Bomb!  So.  Successful contract signing.  IMPACT! is quality wrestling that you should watch.

• Like 1

Lots of good wrestling all the way through and a lot of strong build towards Bound for Glory. Yim definitely hit the best Eat Defeat on Shaw. Sami was amusing as ref for Maclin/Moose. Maclin continues to kill it, I don't think he wins but he's the guy I'm rooting for in the BFG gauntlet. Speaking of which, love the continuation of Killer Kelly/Tasha Steelz with them both being added. I'm predicting an Eric Young win though there is the five open mystery spots. Plus I believe in Joe Hendry! The field is loaded. Solid main event from Shelley and Taven. Would dig another MCMG title run but probably too soon for another tag title switch.

Masha looked amazing here. Her standing tall in the end has me a little worried for the outcome of BFG but I'm hopeful that she will still come out on top as the new champ. Brief Alisha involvement had me wondering if she'll turn to help Eddie in the end. Looking forward to a pretty good looking overall BFG card. 

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 1

I turned on the replay just in time for THE BLOOD! Maclin not only is willing to get his head pulled apart but it sounds like someone doing a belly flop into a pool when he chops you. That was an awesome match even with the silly Sami angle. Face Jessicka is weirdly peppy. That's gonna be a fun tag team. I flipped around during the main but it seemed inoffensive. 

• Like 2

Okay so I spent the summer mostly living somewhere else where I didn't get AXS and this was a great episode to jump back into Impact. This episode was a solid reminder of how good Impact is each week for a few good banger matches and feels like the matches at BFG have a lot of weight to them this year. Shelley and Taven was great and won't be watching tonight but I hope whatever goes down we get a Machine Guns/OGK rematch on tv at some point. Those promo packages did a really cool job building up what Edwards and Josh mean to the company and it's been a while since I felt like an Impact title match was this important. I'm really split in that the Machines Guns are one of my favorite tag teams ever but I think Honor No More are in that spot now where they should be that heel stable holding all the belts. Honestly I've never really been a Sami Callahan fan but I got a kick out of his reffing style. 

Good God that Masha attack at the end was one of the greatest things I've seen in a while. 

• Like 2