DVDVR Message Board

POLL PREP! 7/9-7/16/2022! DIG IT!

DEAN

We shall start off with some CWFH and NWA from the weekend.

Fidel Bravo vs Shane Haste- Championship Wrestling from Hollywood

Homicide vs VSK- NWA USA (DOH!)

• Like 1

Bobby Lashley/Riddle vs Seth Rollins/Theory

The Usos/Omos vs The Street Profits/R-Truth

Rey Mysterio vs Finn Balor

• Like 1

Konosuke Takeshita vs Jon Moxley

Claudio Castignoli vs Jake Hagar

The Young Bucks vs Shane Strickland/Keith Lee vs Powerhouse Hobbs/ Ricky Starks

Mox vs. Soup by a landslide.  Swerve / Lee winning the AEW titles is a solid second place.

Bravo vs. Haste was surprisingly solid for CWFH as was the torture and murder of El Primohenio at the hands of grizzled veteran, Ray Rosas.  Hollywood is the slightly more serious cousin of the Mempho shenanigans.

I really wanted to love Miyu vs. Rosa, but it started off soooooo slow and botchy.  Once it became a tale of two badass women punting each other in the spine as hard as they could, I was able to enjoy the remainder of the match and the upset victory for Miyu was the cherry on top.

One does not rep Death Riders in ultra babyface dayglo tights, Shooter.  Go and get yourself some black ring attire with an oni samurai face on the back.

OIP.yqCPkLQ8J-uncV7FyxTL5gHaHa?pid=ImgDe

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Bravo vs. Haste was surprisingly solid for CWFH as was the torture and murder of El Primohenio at the hands of grizzled veteran, Ray Rosas.  Hollywood is the slightly more serious cousin of the Mempho shenanigans.

Hollywood is fucking great as a strange place where guys who are in the underbelly of the big leagues and guys on the way up and guys in the midcard of New Japan Strong looking for something to do all come together and wrestle.  Memphis has been unwatchable the last couple of weeks (in that I haven't watched it) and I took a sabbatical.

• Like 2

Mempho booking annoys the shit out of me.  If you are going to insist on being silly to the point of creating a sideshow atmosphere, for fuck's sake at least put titles on your best funny guys since they also happen to be your most solid workers. 

The Uncle Mikey and the Skimahorns title drought is fucking baffling.  They don't really need belts since they are crazy over, but putting gold around their waists just seems like the right thing to do.  Uncle Mikey just isn't comedy gold; he is also a wrestling machine.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...