DVDVR Message Board

NXT August 16, 2017

Greggulator

The Street Profits/Sullivan + Goober match was a really great comedy match. I loved whoever that dude was that teamed with Sullivan. He was absolutely perfect at playing an idiot who wants to impress the world. The Street Profits have such an awesome entrance and gimmick. I can't wait for them to get some non-jobber matches so they can have heat segments and the like. Montez flipping out after Angelo's punch and sprinting into the crowd was a great "WTF???" moment that had me legitimately laughing. I also loved him saying "Nah, I'm good" when Lars was staring him down. And them sheepishly trying not to celebrate in front of Lars was also really great. Like, why would you? And it getting topped off while Lars finds a dumpster at Full Sail and tossing that dude into literal trash was a perfect ending. A++++. 

• Like 1

The Roode attack had to happen but I wish he would have clocked McIntyre first causing a clear DQ lose for Roddy as just another way to screw him out of a title opportunity. 

Billie Kay/Riot was okay, but the division really needs the influx of talent that will follow the May Young Classic. 

Montez Ford has bucket loads of charisma and helps elevate Dawkins who is still kinda blah to me. Lars taking out the trash was great. Interested to see what Regal's reaction is as this story develops. 

Ember Moon wasn't great on the mic during the dull contract signing. Very shouty and being careful to enunciate everything like a good WWE robot. Asuka loses her usual cool as ice demeanor at the end indicating the champ is concerned that maybe Moon has her number. 

Overall not a great go home show for the Takeover.