DVDVR Message Board

4th Annual Them's Fightin' Words Awards: Robbery of the Year

Elsalvajeloco

4th Annual Them's Fightin' Words Awards: Robbery of the Year   

4 members have voted

1. 1. What was the worst judging decision of 2016?

• Alex Morono over Kyle Noke
    • Ashlee Evans-Smith over Marion Reneau
    • Rafael Carvalho over Melvin Manhoef
    • Kyle Bochniak over Enrique Barzola
    • Alexander Volkov over Timothy Johnson
    • Danielle Taylor over See Heo Ham

This poll is closed to new votes

The nominees are...

KYLE NOKE L-DEC3 (SPLIT) ALEX MORONO (UFC 195: Lawler vs. Condit)
MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, NV, January 2, 2016

NokeMorono_rltza6.jpg

ASHLEE EVANS-SMITH W-DEC3 (SPLIT) MARION RENEAU (UFC Fight Night 83: Cowboy vs. Cowboy)
Consol Energy Center, Pittsburgh, PA, February 21, 2016

EvansReneau_cigydw.jpg

RAFAEL CARVALHO W-DEC5 (SPLIT) MELVIN MANHOEF (Bellator 155: Carvalho vs. Manhoef)
CenturyLink Arena, Boise, ID, May 20, 2016

CarvalhoManhoef_zfobjr.jpg

KYLE BOCHNIAK W-DEC3 (SPLIT) ENRIQUE BARZOLA (UFC on Fox 21: Maia vs. Condit)
Rogers Arena, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, August 27, 2016

BochniakBarzola_ylsa6w.jpg

TIMOTHY JOHNSON L-DEC3 (SPLIT) ALEXANDER VOLKOV (UFC Fight Night 99: Mousasi vs. Hall II)
The SSE Arena, Belfast, Northern Ireland, November 19, 2016

VolkovJohnson_idcfwv.jpg

DANIELLE TAYLOR W-DEC3 (SPLIT) SEO HEE HAM (UFC Fight Night 101: Whittaker vs. Brunson)
Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, November 26, 2016

TaylorHam_cfe4rl.jpg\

2013 WINNER: PHIL DAVIS vs. LYOTO MACHIDA
2014 WINNER: DIEGO SANCHEZ  vs. ROSS PEARSON
2015 WINNER: AL IAQUINTA vs. JORGE MASVIDAL

Credit: MMADecisions.com

Award voting will close 1/19 at 12:00 a.m. CST.

3 minutes ago, twiztor said:

i gotta be honest, i don't remember any of these fights. guess i'll sit this one out....

I was legit thinking the same thing.  I know I watched most of them, but I'd say the Joe Louzon win from Sunday night is going to stick with me longer than any of these.

I would have to say Carvalho-Manhoef is the most egregious just because Rafael Carvalho pretty much did literally nothing to win any round. Two judges somehow found 3 rounds to give to him. You would have to be smoking sherm to score that fight for Carvalho.

Just now, Elsalvajeloco said:

I would have to say Carvalho-Manhoef is the most egregious just because Rafael Carvalho pretty much did literally nothing to win any round. Two judges somehow found 3 rounds to give to him. You would have to be smoking sherm to score that fight for Carvalho.

That is the one fight on the list I didn't see.  The Danielle Taylor vs. Seo Hee Ham fight is the one I'd pick if I voted.  That was more of a decision I disagreed with than a decision I thought was a robbery.  It was one of those, neither of these two are really doing anything to take control of the fight, but I think Seo Hee Ham is more effective with her ineffective offense.

I had a feeling that Taylor would get a BS decision over Ham. Over one-third of the fight is Seo Hee Ham following Taylor around. Ham just finds herself in these fights even though Taylor was her first opponent in the UFC the same size as her.

I've waited all year to vote for this one. Marion Reneau getting screwed was the biggest BS decision I saw this year for sure. Definitely the result I hated the most. Certainly see the case for Carvalho/Manhoef and figure that would win.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

I've waited all year to vote for this one. Marion Reneau getting screwed was the biggest BS decision I saw this year for sure. Definitely the result I hated the most. Certainly see the case for Carvalho/Manhoef and figure that would win.

That one was bad as I believe even Evans-Smith looked surprised with the decision.

• Like 1