DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: STEVIE RICHARDS

RIPPA

Stevie Richards is one of the most underrated wrestlers in history. I've always defended him when people shit-talked him. Someone once was so mad about my refusal to admit Richards actually sucked (after I said I preferred Richards over Triple H during Triple H's post-quad tear run) that he waited months until the group owner went on leave, got moderator controls, and then barred me from posting. I don't regret it because Stevie Richards is still awesome, even all these years later when my wrestling tastes have become way different. Though I also don't regret it because that "group" was terrible.

Sounds kinda WKO-ish, but which board are you referring to?  

I actually don't know what WKO stands for. The place I was talking about was just a cruddy Yahoogroups thing back from when I thought those groups were all that. It probably doesn't exist anymore (well, it was a decade ago or so). Not that I didn't get booted/run off from bigger forums (some deserved, some undeserved) in my time.

I've always particularly liked the Stevie Richards/Terry Funk/Sandman 3-way dance in ECW. It's on Dailymotion, but it won't let me link it.

That Stevie/Sabu match is awesome. It's one of Sabu's best matches. There is no bigger fan of Sabu than yours truly but so many of his matches was just him doing insane crap. The Stevie match was a really good story and turning point in the Stevie Richards story. He went from being the biggest goober in the league (in the best way possible) to someone who nearly beat the most homicidal, genocidal wrestler alive. The reaction when he hit the Stevie Kick was so great.

All of the Stevie Night Heat stuff was a blast, too. They just essentially gave him his own show.

I will post my TRUE STEVIE RICHARDS STORY! later. It's pretty epic.