DVDVR Message Board

Disney Infinity

MonteCarl

Didn't see a thread on this game, so thought I'd start one out.

I got it for our kids for Christmas and they love it. I actually really enjoy the game, too. The initial levels/gameplay are a blast, just playing around and creating stuff is fun, and the downloadable "Adventures" and such make the game never ending.

Sure, the set up is a cash grab and somewhat of a scam by having to purchase each individual figure, but I enjoy collecting stuff and the figures are pretty neat to display. I don't like paying $12 for what is basically DLC to use new characters, but there are regular sales where they can be gotten cheaper or even BOGO.

Anyway, not sure if this is the type of game anybody here wants to discuss, but here it is.

My kids love it.  We have only done a little of the actual "missions" in the various playsets and spend most of our time in the toy box.  Usually that means beating each other up or spawning a bunch of enemies and killing them all.  Every now and then I'll build them something in the toy box (the Aladdin castle, for example) only for them to start a new toy box and save over all of my hard work. 

Doesn't bother them.  They love it.

The 12 year old loves doing the actual missions and the 7 year old just loves running around in the Toy Box creating silly things. And even though there's a big of a price tag on new Toy Boxes (or even the initial game), the missions still take some time to finish. These are throw away games. Took about 6-7 hours per Toy Box, which is pretty good and about what a new game usually takes anyway.

• 2 months later...

They just had a press conference about the upcoming Disney Infinity 2 game to be released later this year, and it's basically going to be Disney Infinity: Marvel Avengers. They showed all the movie Avengers (Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Cap, Black Widow) as well as Spiderman. I didn't watch the entire thing, so there may have been more shown/announced. They did say that this is a Marvel heavy conference, but wanted to be clear that more Disney characters will be available and it will not just be Marvel characters, but I didn't see where they gave any specifics to any other characters than the Marvel ones listed. Plus, EVERYTHING from Infinity 1 will be compatible with 2, including any Toy Boxes you've built, all the first game figures, as well as the base for the figures. Pretty cool.

They just had a press conference about the upcoming Disney Infinity 2 game to be released later this year, and it's basically going to be Disney Infinity: Marvel Avengers. They showed all the movie Avengers (Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Cap, Black Widow) as well as Spiderman. I didn't watch the entire thing, so there may have been more shown/announced. They did say that this is a Marvel heavy conference, but wanted to be clear that more Disney characters will be available and it will not just be Marvel characters, but I didn't see where they gave any specifics to any other characters than the Marvel ones listed. Plus, EVERYTHING from Infinity 1 will be compatible with 2, including any Toy Boxes you've built, all the first game figures, as well as the base for the figures. Pretty cool.

Did they say anything about X1 or PS4?