DVDVR Message Board

TNA iMPACT Spoilers for 5/2/24 - Paradise, NV

*Taped for Xplosion: Zachary Wentz def. Leon Slater
*Taped for Xplosion: Decay (Havok & Rosemary) def. Alex Gracia & Viva Van

TNA iMPACT - Airing May 2, 2024 from Paradise, NV

*Fir$t Cla$$ (AJ Francis & Rich Swann) w/ Bun B opened the show with a promo from the VIP Balcony.

*Mustafa Ali def. Chris Bey (10:46) with the 450 splash.

*Alisha Edwards (w/ Masha Slamovich) def. Dani Luna (w/ Jody Threat) (3:33) after Masha hit the Snow Plow behind the ref's back. Lars Frederiksen did commentary & announced he would again corner Spitfire at Under Siege.

*Hammerstone def. Cody Deaner (10:06) in a Sin City Street Fight with the Torture Rack. After the match, Jake Something came to save Deaner.

*Joe Hendry performed an "apology" concert to AJ Francis with the songs that he mocked him with. 

*Gia Miller inteviewed The System on the stage about Under Siege.

*Ace Austin (w/ Chris Bey) def. Trey Miguel (w/ Zachary Wentz) (14:01) after The Fold to become #1 contender to the X Division Champonship.

*Jordynne Grace(c) def. Miyu Yamashita (9:59) with the Juggernaut Driver to retain the knockouts championship. Ash by Elegance watched from the balcony. After the match, Steph de Lander & Kon attacked Jordynne until PCO made the save.

Edited by DreamBroken

Would've liked to have seen more of Jordynne/Miyu but great while it lasted, Miyu always kills it. 

the Joe Hendry Concert was hilarious, loved that. Also amused by Broken Matt referring to Mike Bailey as "The Ball of Speed".  Overall solid setup show for Under Siege.

I noticed the replays are back and just realized AXS moved NJPW to Wednesdays now. 

Edited by DreamBroken

Joe Hendry vs AJ Francis might be my best feud in wrestling involving 2 guys that I have no interest in seeing actual wrestle.   It is extremely entertaining and funny but once the bell rings I  think these matches are going to be meh at best

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 1

So that's why NJPW keeps showing up on my DVR! Thanks. 

I haven't seen that giant woman that attacked Jordynne at the end before; what's her story? The other dude either, he looked like one of the time traveller/Road Warrior/Demolition throwback tag dudes that used to be in WWE. But taller. (And of course I know who PCO is)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

So that's why NJPW keeps showing up on my DVR! Thanks. 

I haven't seen that giant woman that attacked Jordynne at the end before; what's her story? The other dude either, he looked like one of the time traveller/Road Warrior/Demolition throwback tag dudes that used to be in WWE. But taller. (And of course I know who PCO is)

that is correct, Kon was formerly Konnor of The Ascension tag team in WWE. 

Steph de Lander was briefly in NXT in 2021/2022 as Persia Pirotta, made a few appearances in Impact last year, has since aligned with Matt Cardona in his indy run and they recently returned together to TNA. (Cardona helped Steph win a #1 contenders match a few weeks ago, but he is now out with a torn pec)

• Like 1