DVDVR Message Board

UFC 294: Makhachev vs. Volkanovski II (10/21/2023) - Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (Etihad Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

I was actually shocked a judge had it a draw. I think Chim 10-8'd, then in the 3rd they were pretty much going 50/50 in the brawl exchanged, til he secured the TD. 

Chim clearly has elite wrestling, was a bit worried about how gassed he got after the first. He was trying to get that choke for quite a bit, and holding down one of the historically best wrestlers in UFC history. 

Mighty Mouse actually talked about the headkick & kick opportunity's in the Islam/Volk fight. What a beautiful kick! Islam was looking really good in the thai clinch too. 

• Like 1

Apparently multiple people on the undercard were hiding staph infections from the doctors so they wouldn't be pulled from the show, I don't want to argue for people losing their jobs but given neither of them are in any way important it'd be a solid way to nip that shit in the bud.

On 10/21/2023 at 5:51 PM, waffle said:

then in the 3rd they were pretty much going 50/50 in the brawl exchanged, til he secured the TD. 

I rewatched the fight, and the striking wasn't 50/50. Usman was winning the striking pretty clear, but I still gave the round to Chim for everything else in the criteria. 

Wouldn't have been furious about a draw. 

Edited by waffle