DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Lightfall

RIPPA

Glad I watched Datto's video first before doing the Coil for the first time

Hoo Boy is that a grind

I am currently sitting dead a hour in as our one alive teammate chips away at the final boss

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

HA!

Nevermind - the game kicked me for being "inactive"

I mean I guess that is another way of saying dead

Take it you had no revive tokens? Or were your teammates just dicks? 

I felt bad after watching Datto's vid since I realized I left after only the first encounter. Didn't intend to leave my teammates high and dry. I just thought it was similar to Altars of Summoning. I like what I've seen of the seasonal activities though I don't imagine them sustaining interest for long.

I did not realize how much some hated Blind Well until hearing Datto and Cross shit on it. It feels like we hit it maybe once a year so I don't dislike it though I wish they would bring it up to current difficulty levels and enemy density.

The exotic quest is supposed to be hitting December 19. It should be bow and craftable which means the exotic rocket launcher is from the dungeon.

I kinda get Datto's reason (since he talked about enemy density and how it really isn't a challenge) but yeah - it's like how content creator's don't like Gambit either. 

But yeah - in that first run, we were out of revives (I had joined really really late so the two guys I joined were already way at the final boss and only had like 3 revives left to start with). But Datto wasn't kidding - when I joined them, they were an hour into their run.

I had to bail after the first section of my 2nd attempt because I had to go to a work meeting. I am not really sad about it since the two guys I was with clearly didn't know about break pots. Nor did they seem to know how the mechanics of the encounter worked.

I need to make a new Solar Titan build. Strand is working fine for me but as I unlock more of the Artifact perks, clearly I need to switch to Solar

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I need to make a new Solar Titan build. Strand is working fine for me but as I unlock more of the Artifact perks, clearly I need to switch to Solar

Its weird how they tried to sell this as season as Stasis making something of a comeback only to give 70% of the artifact mods to solar. Stasis and Strand kind of got screwed.

Finally finished up a full Coil run. That was an interesting mix of long, difficult, annoying, but somehow not frustrating. The reward structure and bonus abilities you can purchase from Riven between rounds really helps make it a more worthwhile experience than normal. If you're doing it right you really do walk away with a good dozen or more pieces of loot including shards, cores, etc. Definitely make sure you have a decent amount of room in either you inventory or post office. 

8 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Not sure how accurate it is, but it makes sense. Datto is not one to dish out real rage easily. 

While I am sure he probably wasn't the specific reason - an ex-Bungie employee basically confirmed to Tassi that if Datto is pissed about something - the team listens (it was an indirect way. I wish I could find the Tweet but it was basically - Tassi, Salt and Cross are all ignored. Datto is not)

• Like 1

One possibly good thing to come out of all the bullshit recently is that the Destiny 2 Team Twitter account has been giving out a lot of info the last couple of days

Lets hope it continues

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

While I am sure he probably wasn't the specific reason - an ex-Bungie employee basically confirmed to Tassi that if Datto is pissed about something - the team listens (it was an indirect way. I wish I could find the Tweet but it was basically - Tassi, Salt and Cross are all ignored. Datto is not)

It is the sensible way to go. Tassi is kind of alarmist in general. Salt much of the time is rich people problems in terms of his issues. Cross is fun but is probably somewhere in between the two. Datto has a tendency to be the most reasonable streamer because he isn't looking for rage bait and other shit for content. He tries to balance understanding between casual, high level, and dev viewpoints. He even tries to understand the business side though he doesn't like it. 

I like what I saw of the new dungeon on Datto's stream. Its nice to see Scorn finally one, and I like the Dark Age/medieval theme they used. Apparently people are getting D&D vibes from it. Hope to play it when I finally get the dungeon key later on.

For some odd reason the Nightfall switched to the Moon Battleground from last season

33 minutes ago, Eivion said:

For some odd reason the Nightfall switched to the Moon Battleground from last season

They tweeted about it

There was an issue where folks could get soft locked and not be able to advance so they switched

• Like 1

Had my best Coil run last night. Finished 38 minutes with 156K points. The last room having at least 4-5 chests was nice. If I could manage runs like that each time it would be a far greater experience. Then again it isn't easy to luck into two banner Titans as teammates in matchmaking.

Digging the story so far with Riven's relentless attempts to sow seeds of distrust and Crow and Petra admitting fault for the Dreaming City's current woes. I also kind of like that they confirmed Petra was the one who actually shot Uldren back in Forsaken.

I will say as much shit as Riven keeps giving Mara I do think she knows Mara didn't take her eggs. I suspect she is pissed off at Mara for other reasons even beyond the eggs, maybe even just softening too much over the years. Riven loved the scheming side of Mara that has kind of died down over the years.

Guessing the Nine are the ones who took/hid the eggs since they are also the ones who apparently finished off any surviving Ahamkara due to worry about Oryx potentially Taking them like he did Riven.

I completely forgot about the keeping the helmet on lore with Shaxx and Mara. Bungie calling back to players' misunderstanding of that is kind of hilarious. 

Edited by Eivion

I've done the Coil a couple of times now and I really like it. I did have to look up what I had to do during the virus path because there was so much going on the first time I encountered it. One good thing about having six months of this last season is having the time to get patterns for weapons from previous seasons when I wasn't playing as much as I used to. I look forward to trying the new dungeon this weekend. I would love to get the rocket sidearm to see if it's as good as Quicksilver Storm. Also is there an exotic in the new dungeon?

• Like 1

Woof - and just like that they have punted on Tribute

They are switching to IB Control for the rest of the week (starting at 8 PM EST)

So many matches were ending in mercies/shutouts that they decided they needed to rework it

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The amount of people who don't understand how the new IB mode works is mind boggling

24 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Woof - and just like that they have punted on Tribute

They are switching to IB Control for the rest of the week (starting at 8 PM EST)

So many matches were ending in mercies/shutouts that they decided they needed to rework it

Literally just got done playing a handful of Tribute. I like the idea, but so many people are just so damn stupid. I think my final game was a mercy win. I'm disappointed they are giving up so fast. The mode has potential. Players just need to be less stupid. Rift and Cabal Control variation had similar issues the first few days.  Were people bitching that badly?