DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Lightfall

RIPPA

Got in two successful GMs before going to sleep. Sadly neither Wendigo roll had explosive light. Tomorrow I'm going to be spending the first hour just trying to lock in a build or two along with seeing what is what in the collections tab.

Have to admit after a short time I got used to the dodge nerf for Hunters so its going to be weird but nice to have my dodges come back even faster. The increase on knife cooldowns seems unnecessary though I suspect PvP is the blame for those more than anything else. I'd be happier if they increased the damage in PvP for withering blades. They never did recover from the nerf they did after Beyond Light. I see tripmines got a cooldown nerf. Yeah they are definitely paying attention to GJake and the murder he commits in PvP. Not sure how I feel about the void grenade changes. None of them were exactly broken in PvE. 

Be warned - now that Lightfall is pre-loading on machines, the data miners are already posting spoilers

My Youtube recommendations suddenly got like 5 videos dropped in them - thankfully they all say spoilers and have a generic thumbnail

I knew something was up this morning when I saw that Curse of Osiris and Warmind had reinstalled on my machine

I preemptively went ahead and followed all the steps in the thread so fingers crossed it won't take me like an additional 2 hours to get on after I get home tonight

Well, good thing they more or less told us Arc and Stasis weren't really going to be the classes to use for the next 3 months anyways.

Only done the first story mission so far as far as activities goes. Dug the opening cinematics and the general mission.

Spoiler

I always enjoy running through space and ships actually traveling in space. There are some nice visuals whenever you go outside or look through a window. The Tormentor is not especially hard though it had some decent mechanics as it can occasionally go invulnerable, is fast, aggressive, and can suppress your guardian. Its less squishy than hive guardians but not quite as tough. I think they will be much harder in 2-3 team legend modes and Maste/GM content. The bit of Strand you get to use at the end of the mission is interesting. Its definitely something that will take time to get used to and has some small skill gap. Similar to Arc I think the Assassin's Cowl will end up very powerful for Strand Hunters as far as PvE goes. I think most will get stomped using it in PvP save the usual skilled PvP lords.

Oddly enough Legendary mode so far feels slightly easier despite being squishier. You can definitely die faster, but you should also be able to kill enemies quick enough with decent builds. Speaking of which you definitely want build at least one loadout before starting the first mission as they automatically unequipped every mod sans deprecated ones. There are a ton of new mods. I can see most of them being used well. That said, they still fucked Hunters over with no easy bump for mobility like we had from powerful friends for years. Powerful friends still exist, but it no longer provides the mobility bump. I do like that they consolidated the heavy and special ammo drop mods. 

Must say it is weird how they leave open spots for 6 fragments in the subclass custom menu when you can't actually use all six spots. Would be nice if they bumped Void and Arc up one from 4 though I understand the fear of power creep.

Edit: Oh and I now feel like an idiot for using up my vendor engrams sans Crucible. They actually stuck around this time and made for an easy way to bring up my power via focusing. If I had at least left my Vanguard engrams alone as well I could have easily been base max power already though I suppose that only means so much for legend mode anyways.

The Tower saw some small changes.

Spoiler

Caiatl & Mara's fleets are visibly hovering the skies of the Last City. You find Cabal a troops and techeuns around now. The Eliksni have further spread around as well. The big change though is Cayde-6 finally has a grave/monument next to Zavala. Kind of surprised it took them 4 years to finally make that happen. Zavala, Ikora, Devrim, and even Crow all have messages at it. May be more, but i haven't gone back to check yet. 

Edited by Eivion

Took about a half dozen tries but I finally got to the select character screen

There was so much more shit I had to uninstall that wasn't in the first tweet (the full details were on the support page)

I hope I can get at least two missions done tonight

• Like 1

Did the next two mission a few hours ago. They were more the difficulty I was expecting. The Shadow Legion's aggressive swarm style comes on even stronger in the next two.

Spoiler

The second Tormentor fight is also a decent bit harder. Not sure if it was stronger or a case of me using a solar instead of void, but that fight killed me more times than I care to admit. Those mfers are aggressive a sfuck and work pretty much like the Terminator/Jason/MM/etc.

Even with the healing ability of orbs and solar grenades we are still more or less a glass cannon. Had to resort to good ole arc/Assassin's Cowl for the final boss fight in the third mission. Digging everything so far even with the frustration of dying too damn much. Will probably try to do a bit of Defiance before continuing on. Only done the first mission of that one so far. 

Watching a vid of Aztec running into his first Tormentor. The yelp he did out of surprise was hilarious. 

Edited by Eivion

I thought I posted this last night but it ain't here so who the fuck knows what thread I put it in

I only did the opening mission due to server issues.

I did go back to the Tower and... whoa... is that weird

I was shocked by how short the second mission was.

Of course the game did me zero favors by immediately dropping my on the other side of town where a public event was going on and literally everything could one shot me

Was not expecting the Farm to return (though in hindsight should have realized it)