DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Lightfall

RIPPA

17 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Datto had an interesting comment he left on Twitter. He posted his initial thoughts video (which I haven't watched) but on Twitter he noted that he appreciated the campaign more (especially the final boss) after doing it solo because doing it a three man - there was a lot of stuff that he missed because they blew right by.

I can see that to some degree. Not sure how much I missed just from interlude conversations and radio transmissions due to rushing through. Only realized they were there after the fourth mission.

The strike was weird for me - I am not sure if it was a bug or working as intended

I died making the jump off the track into the next section (I shorted the jump when hoping off my sparrow). The game respawned me right on the edge of the track.

Problem is that it also left me as touched by darkness so everything was suppressed meaning I couldn't make the very simple jump across the gap to the next section.

And since I couldn't make the jump, I couldn't pull my teammates so I had to wait at the edge of the track for the other two people I was doing the strike with to finally complete the track and pull me forward

So I can tell by the Triumph that I only have one more mission left.

I am not not enjoying the story but yeah - the fact that basically two of the last three missions I did have been basically learning how to use Strand but not actually having it is a really fucking weird way to do the story.

• Like 1

Just noticed now that part of the engram focus for Defiance is lost Leviathan weapons. I noticed the class swords for crafting, but saw nothing else there or in the collections tab. Actually the new Goldtusk was noticeably missing from the collections tab for me until I just got it just now via engram so I'm not sure how far it goes. 

I know the new Titan exotic is fun for Strand titans, but these motherfuckers really need to watch where the fuck they are putting barricades. Getting so damn tired of my line of fire being interrupted because some jackass thinks he is helping opposed to getting in my way. I've been killed even before this because idiots would drop barricades where they weren't needed as I was firing a damn rocket or GL. Barricades are not needed that much in low level activities. 

Did end up running Lake of Shadows. I like the update. Seems like its no longer tied to the open EDZ and you can't sparrow through. It actually uses a bit of Witchqueen public event we saw with the Scorn. Enemies are half Taken/half Shadow Legion. The boss is the same though there is second that you fight early on in the strike. I can definitely see it being more challenging come nightfall time, especially the GM. 

Edited by Eivion

I am definitely gonna have to get used to the Vanguard weekly being tied to points and not just "do three strikes" (Side note - getting a grenade kill bounty when the surging subclass is Stasis is just wrong)

Didn't get any of the revamped strikes - got Insight Terminus once and that is still super easy to blow through. I did see a reddit post (which I haven't read yet) that outlines all the changes to all strikes.

Some are little like Proving Grounds the gave the first boss a stomp mechanic now to prevent people from basically hugging him. (He still is easy to beat on regular)

Yeah everyone who was all STRIKES WILL BE IMPOSSIBLE NOW really just like to complain for the sake of complaining

It is too late now but putting Grapple on grenade is just wrong because everyone wants to be Spiderman (or needs to be Spiderman) so they aren't gonna use the other ones

• Haha 2

Ran the weekly mission - it makes sense that they ended it early but it is still weird that you get in the drop pod and the mission just ends

I really need to stop closing my browser before hitting submit

Anyway - stumbled across my first Lost Sector on Neomuna

Was looking for a region chest and I followed a dude who was close to the chest - turned out he was going to the Lost Sector. Figured out my mistake when Caital started talking

That being said - I was able to handle it just fine. However, it is gonna be a son of a bitch to do on Legendary

6 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Just what in the hell has it been doing for them to go that far?

Apparently it is something like, if you have the Solar scavenger on you are getting 10 ammo per single brick (instead of 2)

• Like 1

I did Thrilladome (since it was part of the Maelstrom quest) and holy shit does that not fuck around.

Probably should have looked since the Lost Sector is 1780

It is also wild as fuck. The boss room is gonna infuriate a lot of people

That has me both scared and interested in the Thrilladome.

Have to say the Gambit commendation menu is way too short. No reason they can't add an extra 10-20 secs so you can give people credit properly. 

It is mainly the 1780 thing - I am roughly 1775 so a little squishy

And with their combat changes this season - everything is way more aggressive. I have gotten killed by random teleporting Vex just because if my shield drops and they teleport behind me, they can one hit melee me.

Of course that also should change because Datto just posted his Titan Strand build video

I did enough to unlock Partition last night

Went into it and quickly realized I needed a Fireteam

Turns out I am only 1767... Whoops!

• Haha 1

Got in some PvP before I went to sleep so I could get my weekly pinnacle. So its definitely broken though not by Strand. Like there seem to be legit bugs right now keeping weapons and people practically invisible for whole matches. Maybe its just time of day/night, but that is the first time I recall seeing that occur an entire match. Also while not a bug per say they again need to stretch out the match results time seeing that I wasn't able to commend someone even once due to the figures for my team not even being able to load before the time ran out. Load times are definitely long right now. 

I was wondering why Bungie tweeted out a cut scene I hadn't seen

Turns out - it played after Defiance Battleground EDZ but you had to wait through both 30 second timers (mission end and commendation) before it would play

Apparently something was bad enough were servers shut down for a couple of hours. Considering the amount of broken builds I see from Aztecross and others showing I can't help but wonder if they tried to deal with all of them at once. 

Did Partition. Not too bad a mission. Surprisingly not too difficult solo though it probably helps that I range 1797-1800 level wise. Ton of enemies for such a short missions.

Also ran one of the Lost sectors on Neomuna. Those really are not ones you can find on accident compared to others in the past. A lot more enemies than we usually see in lost sectors. Don't dislike it though I definitely will be avoiding doing any of these on legend solo. 

There was a suddenly rise in folks not being able to log in

Basically you were put in a queue and then if you got in, you immediately got an error code

I tried on and off to get on but gave up after about 30-45 minutes of trying.

They were doing background maintenance all day so it might have been tied into that but you could tell it was building all day as they had turned off the API earlier in the afternoon as reports were coming in