DVDVR Message Board

DEATH VALLEY DRIVERETTE 02102016! KENICHIRO ARAI~!

DEAN

WELCOME TO YOUR DEATH VALLEY DRIVERETTE~! for 02102016!

And somehow yet still more!

!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!@ GUTS WORLD WRESTLING- 1/28/2016- [RASMUSSEN]

THE REST!

---------------------

KENICHIRO ARAI/SHOTA vs KEIZO MATSUDA/ YUJI KITO:  Having consulted Cagematch.net, I see that Keizo Matsuda was in IWA Restart, the promotion that brought us all the fabulous Asian Cougar bumpfests back in the day.  He is currently full-time GUTS World but does have two undercard tagteam victories in Big Japan a few years ago.  His American equivalent would be Ace Darling- if Ace Darling was an upper mid-carder in Pro Wrestling Ohio or something.  Kito has had the oddest career of anyone on the card- having been wrestling 19 years, but only logging in 152 matches.  Your average Japanese indie wrestler would have that many matches in 2 or 3 years.  Looking for answers, I ran a translation off his geocities.jp page http://www.geocities.jp/yuji_kito/ and it says: YUJI IWA Introduction (June 4, 1996) Was also there that day-to-day with the aim debut of painful practice from this day Tsuitemawaru directly to tour received an introductory test was or return the curry I ate for lunch on the subsequent ring at Korakuen Hall

YUJI debut (March 10, 1997)Chiba spectacular debut TV magazine newspaper such as the 23 companies in Sato TakashiItaru opponent in Tateyama civic center is more of a game to visit the interviewed would have been narrowly defeated stand to bear in the near future IWA everyone was content to think

YUJI overseas expedition (July 14, 2000)Amepuro I wanted to do what Tennessee Kentucky Mississippi take off in the United States - in the go on a spree of violence take the BZW Heavy belt but English is reluctantly return home in the visa of relationship around Nampa became finally success rate was poor to speak English in not good enough (; _ ;

YUJI now Return home after your expected to ask for the coming YUJI KITO every day to go to Hello Work while Akekure to practice today who feel the anxiety in the future while referred to as a rip in the future take the nickname of moped broken brakes go on a spree of violence become a heel! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! This card is filled with true indie mystery and intrigue.  I mean, being indie wrestling, you are allowed to let your mind go anywhere.  If this were New Japan, you would assume he had a ten year foray into Shooto and was a regular on Inoki Genome.  Here, it's the indies- it could have been insurance fraud over an injury in a warehouse; he could have gotten a job in an office that paid pretty well and he didn't feel like hunting down bookings on the weekends or maybe his girlfriend wanted him to finally grow-up; Hell, he was wrestling in Tennessee, Kentucky and Mississippi in the 90's, he could have moved back to Tupelo because he wanted to be there for the daughter he fathered with the stripper Billy Joe Travis introduced him to.  It's a thousand more independent movie ideas.  Meanwhile Kenichiro Arai is your Japanese equivalent to Scrap-Iron Adam Pierce, a good worker who every kind of wrestling fan has vaguely heard of and you put the belt on him a lot because of that.  Last I saw Arai, he was in Pro Wrestling HEAT UP trying unsuccessfully to procure the vaunted HEAT UP Universal title.  So yeah, the GWC Tag Title he is defending here not even close to being the sketchiest title he has fought over.  Shota has a legit 215 matches in Okinawa Pro in 2010 (http://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=13517&page=4&year=2010&promotion=387.)  What the fuck.  Stuff happens in this world.  It's like the first time you find out how many matches All Star Wrestling runs in a year in the UK.  Just because you don't find out about it on the internet doesn't mean that it doesn't happen.  So Shota had 63 more matches in 2010 than Yuji Kito had in 17 years.  Let's get all these freaks to wrestle each other because GUTS World! Arai and Shota both wrestle in coveralls- a fashion idea that I truly adore.  It works really well for those of us who grew up and still dwell in the lower middle class- because the guys in your life you avoid getting in fist fights with most are those who frequently wear coveralls.   Pre-match all four scuffle over the belts before they are taken from the ring- until Matsuda and Kito lariat the champs before the bell rings.  Shota and Kito work headlocks and armbars for a few minutes- with interesting variations and spirited reversals.  Guts WORLD is so odd and wonderful. Shota adds an armdrag to the armbar section to up the Ricky Steamboat factor.  Shota adds a fucking FISTDROP to up the Lawler factor.  Arai adds a wristlock into a keylock and back to an armbar to add to the Bockwinkle factor.  Kito makes the ropes to end the odd ode to every 70's wrestler ever and Shota punches him in the stomach twice to up the Greg Valentine factor.  And they start to run the ropes but Matsuda grabs Shota at the ropes and catches a forearms to the face as Shota ducks, allowing a quick roll-up.  This is really a celebration of basic tagteam wrestling. Matsuda drags Shota out of the ring from ringside and body slams him twice to set up the psychology of the match being the total destruction of Shota's back.  Matsuda tags in and bodyslams and then Surfboards Shota's back.  Kito sinks in the Walls of Jericho and this is very very GUTS World deeply psychological and old school so far.  Shota tries to fireback but Kito distracts the ref and Matsuda crushes Shota's tender man marbles with a headbutt and this is now total Southern tag match.  Matsuda does the DBS Endless Powerslam and goes for a instant La de a Caballo because SHOTA'S BACK MUST DIE!!  Kito and Matsuda are a really fun heel tag team.  They punch Arai on the apron and double team drag Shota back to the evil side of the ring and continue working of the back to sustain the Anderson Brothers factor.   This is fucking great, in a "no indie ever does this right, but look at this" kind of way.  Shota gets a hope spot and Matsuda shoulderblocks him to the ground.  He gets a forearm in to hit a second rope missile dropkick (if that is allowed to be called that.  I am a rebel.)  Kito comes over and pounds on his back and drags him back to the center- but he enzuguiri's to HOT TAG!  Arai is a strange house-afire- using wileyness to avoid the powerhouse offense of Matsuda. The house of fire smolders out as Arai misses a toprope fistdrop and Matsuda hits a double Luger-level clothesline. Kito does a Fisherman suplex and Arai spins and spins and spins into a Kito Octapus Hold.  Then some perfectly fine Kito punches in corner and Arai is now crawling for the hot tag.  They do the super Southern unnoticed tag to set up Shota's flying crossbady on an unsuspecting Kito, to allow the Big Bossman Second running sit spot to up the Ray Traylor factor.  Shota hits the Russian Leg Sweep and to then do four consecutive ref bumps. Then it gets even it gets superdopier with the ref bump, a very long and goobery set-up of Kito hitting Shota with the belt, Matsuda throwing the belt to Arai, Kito knocking Shota's head into the belt as Shota is trying to figure out if Arai hit him with the belt to allow Kito to School Boy Shota with a handfull of tights for the win and THE BELTS!  This was perfect in form for a Southern tag match but none of these guys really have any kind of offence worth mentioning- THUS all the goodwill they garner by upholding the standards of a quality tag match- even by a slenderest of threads- is all lost because the ending is kinda retarded and so very crappily executed.  They did so much right in this match, but it just doesn't survive the end.         

AMIGO SUZUKI/ MASAO ORIHARA/ RYAN UPIN vs DAISUKE/ KAZUHIKO MATSUZAKI/ MASKED MYSTERY: Coming Up

~!~

It's the stupid details that my heart is breaking for

It's the way your shoulders shake SINGLES GOING STEADY and what they're shaking for

it's knowing that he knows you now after only guessing

~!~

NAOMICHI MARUFUJI vs TAKASHI SUGIURA- PRO WRESTLING NOAH- 1/31/2016-[RASMUSSEN]: YES. THURSDAY!

EDDY GUERRERO /APOLO DANTES/ CESAR DANTES vs FUERZA GUERRERA/ EL SUPREMO/JACQUE MATE- EMLL- 11/10/1991- [RASMUSSEN]: FRIDAY AT THE LATEST!

Tomorrow: You know the drill.

I've never heard of Ryan Upin, but he's apparently a Chinese guy who's been around Guts World forever. Says he's from Peking, but I'm not positive Ryan's a common name there, perhaps he's my long lost older brother?

Edit: Okay, it's apparently just Cho-un Shiryu, go figure. That guys uses a lot of ring names in a lot of random places.

• Like 1