DVDVR Message Board

NJPW King of Pro-Wrestling 2018

Archibald

On 10/9/2018 at 1:17 AM, FlaeBlazer said:

What do you think happened with SHO/YOH?

Also the thing is that GOD is definitely going to the Dome with the belts and the Bucks aren’t in WTL so I could see Suzuki/Sabre winning it but what the hell do the Bucks do? They aren’t gonna be in WTL but I don’t see any chance they miss the tag title match.

Like it or not, the Young Bucks have been NJPW’s most heavily pushed tag team over the last 5 years. They have been booked like monsters over the last year specifically. With their investment in them and especially with contract negotiations coming, NJPW isn’t gonna risk anything and throw them into the “get everyone on the card” NEVER six-man clusterfuck match. I assume the Bucks are in the tag title match in some way. So I think the HW tag match is gonna be a 3 way between GOD, WTL winners (probably Suzuki/ZSJ), and the Young Bucks.

Bucks and Marty versus whoever holds the 6-man belts?  (Guessing BCOG loses them at some point to somebody random)

• 2 months later...

So I finally got around to watching the main event of this show (let my sub lapse for a few months, never caught it on AXS) and I really dug some of the storytelling, I was impressed how well Cody kept up with two guys who are clearly in a different league than him athletically, and I thought the flip switched Ibushi moment was fucking great.  As far as triple threats go, it was really good. But all three guys had better singles matches against each other during the year than this was.