DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT FRANCHISE CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

8 hours ago, Raziel said:

Can't upgrade past V on first playthrough (and that's fucking annoying)

Yeah, I remembered that after I made my post and decided not to correct it.   You can get to X in Multiplayer (that's how I got the original achievement) so here's hoping that Multiplayer launches and allows players to unlock the achievement without doing a second playthorugh.

After I get done with ME3, I'm putting LE down for a while and will play Mafia 3, since it looks like CDPR will piddle around and release the 1.3 patch at the 11th hour and I am sure it won't fix the things I want it to fix.

I'll come back to ME3 after I'm done being a Creole criminal kingpin in 1960's Louisiana and play long enough to upgrade a weapon to X and be done with it.

Edited by J.T.

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I have about a two week window to finish ME3 as the school year is basically here and my life will be hell

Yeah, my kid bounces to JMU in a couple of weeks and I will be rotating from shift to shift from now until the end of the year.  I need to finish ME: LE and make a dent in Mafia 3 before work destroys my body clock again.

It does not help that our base is housing some of the evacuated Afghan interpreters and there is a traffic jam at every gate on post.

It'll be worth it if one of those families opens a restaurant close by.  I could use a plate of lamb meatballs and bolani stuffed with spinach!

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Finished up today. As usual, chose SYNTHESIS.

looking at my achievements, managged somehiw to get 0 mail slots. But i was mainly using the particle rifle and shotgun. Maybe try to rectify with the post finale save, althoughi have no missions left to do. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Finished up today. As usual, chose SYNTHESIS.

looking at my achievements, managged somehiw to get 0 mail slots. But i was mainly using the particle rifle and shotgun. Maybe try to rectify with the post finale save, althoughi have no missions left to do. 

Leave it to you to favor the two weapons that cannot score head crits to a Guardian that has its shield raised.   It's usually best to use a high damage sniper rifle to score mail slots, but I've done it with three burst assault rifles before.   The head shot has to be fatal and the bullet needs to slip through the viewing slot in their shields.  It doesn't have to make their heads asplode to count as a mail slot, but asploding heads are the best way to confirm the kill if you are counting.

I can usually get ten mail slots before finishing Priority Mars, but I was two short of the achievement this time around.  I blame Vega.

Well, Rannoch is liberated and the Geth and the Quarians are working together and I fixed the reactor on Cyone.  After completing the dumb fetchits in my mission queue, I now have over 100K credits again and my War Assets are just shy of 8K. 

RIP Legion.

Next up is Thessia.

Edited by J.T.

I think i need to finish the biotic combo and lift an enemy achievements. I never seem to use Lift, Pull or Slam with a Biotic that often. With Liara, its usually either Warp or Singularity. 

for the record, i left my soul mate Garrrus at London HQ and rolled with Tali and Liara to get to the transport beam. 

i also stupidly let the Illusive Man shoot Anderson, because i forgot what happened if you dont choose the renegade option. I did shoot him in the second promot. 

12 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I think i need to finish the biotic combo and lift an enemy achievements. I never seem to use Lift, Pull or Slam with a Biotic that often. With Liara, its usually either Warp or Singularity. 

I think there is a bug with the Sky High achievement that requires you to be the one that knocks 100 enemies off of their feet.  I don't think that squad powers count towards the unlock.  I nuked lots of enemies with Javik and Nyreen's Lift Grenades before I got suspicious and started Googling to research the achievement.

The powers that appear to count towards the achievement are: Pull, Throw, Lift Grenades, Concussive Shot (for best results get the Radius upgrade), Biotic Charge / Nova, Singlarity, Lash, and Flare.

If you go to the MedBay, give yourself one of those bonus powers, and start spamming, you should be GTG.

I'm going to assume that when / if Multiplayer is ever re-launched, you will be able to unlock this during matches same as you could with that dumb weapon upgrade achievement.  If MP remains a pipe dream, I'll get those achievements unlocked in a future playthrough where I game just enough to get those things knocked out.

Edited by J.T.

Squad powers do count toward Sky High because I got both that and the Biotic combo this weekend and their counters would go up in unison 

What I am trying to say is Singularity counted

I would say that 85% of my progress towards SH was that and the rest was concussive shot

I am carrying three weapons and I don't know why - I use Black Widow 95%. I guess it is if ammo ever becomes scarce.

If squad powers count, I might not be nuking as many people as I think I am even though I am tossing the crap out of enemies with LGs and Singularity when I used Javik / Liara and Nyreen / Aria.  

It may be one of those achievements where the power has to kill enemies as well as toss them in the air before you get credit although that does not really explain why Pull seems to work.

Oh well.  I'll just restart Priority Thessia a bunch of times and spam Singularity / LGs to make sure the achievement tickers work.

Edited by J.T.

I glanced over at True Achievements - and there does appear to be a bug in that it is inconsistent in what it counts

Some people are like "Squad powers don't count" where others, like me, had them count

It might be that only Singularity works, who knows

But no matter what - Slam doesn't count

The usable powers (as far as I can tell) are Singularity, Pull, Throw, Lift Grenade, Concussive Shot, Biotic Charge, Lash, and Flare.

I am using Lash for the biotic combos so its possible the ticker is going up from that and not Liara's Singularity

It's not going to break my spirit if I don't get the Sky High achievement this time around.  I'd still have to play again to get the Upgrade Any Weapon to X Level deal and it is highly probable that the Sky High and the weapon upgrade achievement SHOULD be unlockable in multiplayer IF they bring back ME3 multiplayer for LE.

I have signed the petition at change.org, but I haven't heard any development news on mp since May.

I have to replay ME1 again as I didn't get the romance option since I waited so long to get Liara. Maybe I will finally play as MaleShep. 

But I went back to RDR2 for a break and because they finally added content recently. 

I am not worried too much about missed achievements since A) I will never get the Insanity ones and B) eventually I have my FemShep playthrough to fall back on

I switched my bonus power to Lash to test this out and I have only just now started getting credit towards Sky High, so past uses of squad powers didn't count.  I am guessing that Lift Grenades are a power that you can piggy back on with your own power to get credit, because LGs are not a Bonus Power that Shep can use.

Fortunately, the counters don't care when the kills occur and everyone has an absurdly fast cooldown rate, so I can just restart the early parts of Priority Thessia and spam powers a few times until the achievement unlocks.   I'm getting ten to twenty kills that credit before shit gets hairy, so it shouldn't take me too long to unlock this dumb achievement.

It annoys me that you have to use the chaingun to get kills at the start of the mission.  Tossing the Husks into the air would be easy credit, but Liara and Javik's abilities are locked out until after you capture the bridge and secure the Asari base camp.

Edited by J.T.

14 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

If i uninstall ME3, thus having no games loaded right now, will i lose my FemShep save? 

You might want to uninstall via the XBOX itself and not via the game

If you do it through the XBOX dashboard you should get the option to delete just the game or delete the game AND all the data. Not sure what happens if you delete via the game

It took about four do-overs to finish Sky High.  Played through legit with my Energy Drain Infiltrator.  Totally forgot that you don't have to kill the Harvesters to proceed in the mission; you just have to nuke the ground forces and unfortunately the Harvesters go after the Asari in the gunship that tried to help you. 

I almost killed a Harvester with the Hydra missile launcher I hauled all the way from the first Banshee encounter, but the Ravagers had us pinned down and the stupid fucking Barrier generator protected the Harvester I had on the ropes.  When we smoked the last Ravager, the Harvesters shot down the Asari gunship.  I was sad.

Finished the Thessia mission and am totally depressed.  Fuck you and your e-mail bomb, Kai Leng.  I'll do Ontarom and Sanctuary tomorrow after dinner.  I should get to the Citadel DLC by mid week and be done with this playthrough sometime this weekend.

After that, I'll tinker with Mafia 3 for a bit and do a ME3 NG+ later on for the dumb weapon upgrade achievement.

Edited by J.T.

11 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Not as good as Drunk Tali and her emergency induction port. 

Drunk Tali on the Normandy is just a taste of what you'll get when she gets tore down at the Citadel party.

Shuuuuuuuummmmm....  Shuuuuuuummmmm...

Edited by J.T.

Ontarom  (nearly forgot about the fucking Cerberus codes....) and Horizon / Sanctuaryare a wrap and went to enjoy Chapter One of the Drunk Tali Chronicles.   The ME3 Locust is a shit SMG.  Why wait until the ass end of the game to hand it out?

Gonna watch NXT on TV in about an hour or so and maybe check out the AEW stream on YouTube at the same time.  I'll start Citadel tomorrow.

Edited by J.T.