DVDVR Message Board

tire alignment price

DTTW

So I've now had the displeasure of having to get two tire alignments in two months and there went about $1000. Is that normal? Google seems to suggest not. Real world experiences though? 

This is from Goodyear...maybe that's mistake one?

Woof.  Full disclosure: I go to the dealer for almost everything with my car because I'm an idiot and paranoid, so I'm not one to get on someone's case for ending up paying too much for service.  But I got an alignment with a set of four new tires from Sears over the past spring and that ran $89.99.  Double checking now, that's their bottom of the barrel "6 month" service, with a 1 year alignment running $114.99 and lifetime with free re-alignment clocking in at $189.99.

So I really don't know where Goodyear is coming up with THAT sort of premium. =/

• Like 1

On 11/13/2016 at 0:25 PM, DTTW said:

So I've now had the displeasure of having to get two tire alignments in two months and there went about $1000. Is that normal? Google seems to suggest not. Real world experiences though? 

This is from Goodyear...maybe that's mistake one?

I assuming you are saying you spent roughly $500 each time for the $1000 combined. (Not $1000 each time).

Either way - never ever go to that place again

http://cars.costhelper.com/wheel-alignment.html

Typical costs:

A two-wheel alignment (such as a front-end alignment) at a car repair or tire shop typically costs $20-$100, depending on the make and model of the vehicle, the location of the shop and the warranty, which can vary from six months and 6,000 miles (whichever comes first) to 1-5 years with unlimited mileage (longer warranties may be transferable if the vehicle is sold). CostHelper readers report paying $40-$95 for a two-wheel alignment, at an average cost of $65.

A four-wheel alignment at a car repair or tire shop also typically costs $20-$100, depending on vehicle make and model, location and warranty. CostHelper readers report paying $30-$80 for this service, at an average cost of $63.

To get a proper alignment, some European and high-end Asian vehicles require special tools and computer equipment that are only available at car dealerships, where wheel alignments can cost $75-$400 or more, depending on location, make and model, and length of warranty. CostHelper readers report paying $80-$350 for a wheel alignment at dealership, at an average cost of $180.

• Like 1