DVDVR Message Board

LUCHA Tuesday 8/6/13

thecubsfan

Rush was on the terra show. He used Benoit's WWE theme song. Also that show had a great Angel de Oro vs. Puma match relampago, but technology failed thecubsfan. I think it will air on 52MX next week.

The Smurfs match was really awesomely bad. The old rudo while attacking one of the smurfs outside, gets slapped a few times by an old lady ringside. I know cubs listed one of the wrestlers in the match as La Diabla, so I knew there was a woman in the match, but it still took me 4 minutes into the match to realize there was a woman on the rudo team.

It's a good thing not having watched WWE from late 2003-early 2011 and not having to associate Rush's theme music with a child killer.

AYM is shit and only aired 2 falls of Freelance/Seiya vs Alan Xtreme/Fulgor. They also couldn't bother to move the camera and missed at least 3 out of this world spots but hey's that AYM for you! Nevertheless that was some psychotic shit crammed into 12 minutes or so. Pains me to see Freelance & Alan wasting away in openers here with all their talent. Just gotta be happy the odd week they make it onto TV I guess. Was legit scared for Freelance/Fulgor's life when they were setting up the super top rope reverse frankensteiner but then I recalled these guys are not BJ Whitmer & Mike Bennett so they have a clue and will be fine.

Angel De Oro/Puma's draw was really good. I liked the rematch on Sunday even better. Criminal how CMLL treats Puma.

Lucky Boy/Nino De Ebano vs Apache/Carta Brava was technically a last week match but mentioning it this week is just as good. Those kids need to just do this match for 6 months and they'll be world class workers. Best they've ever looked here. Apache is so clearly broken but can still do enough to get by but his real genius is just how he controls a match. Any time the tecnicos are getting ahead of themselves he slows them down and resets to square one. He also knows how to work the crowd perfectly and when to do it for maximum reaction. Every AAA flyer needs to get through him to move up on cards.

Dorada/Titan/Mistico II vs Bucanero/Escorpion/Polvora was the wildest match of the week. Had some rough moments as you'd expect in a Misticlon match but the crazy spots were plentiful. Never want to see Dorada do that bullet tope on that side of the ring ever again. Way too dangerous and I rarely call anything too dangerous.

Charles Lucero v. Rey Hechihro 8/4

I really liked this although it felt like a bit of a preview to the title match this week. Loved the early mat wrestling and Lucero's cheap shot punch was awesome. I think it could have used a more dramatic ending, but this was a real treat to watch these guys get time to do their thing