DVDVR Message Board

Super Smash Brothers for Wii U and 3DS

I bought 3 Amiibos with the game.

Then found out Toys R Us did a one day sale where they were 3 for $30. Long story short, I now own 9 Amiibos. The 3 that I originally trained myself to level 50, I then had train the rookie Amiibos to level 59 by setting up a 75-minute match with 8 of them and walked away.

picked up 3 Amiibos with a ToysRUS price match. Samus Aran, StarFox, and Pikachu.

got Link Jr. up to lvl 50 myself.

set up Samus vs Fox, each gained about 10 levels.

set up a handicap match with Link vs. both Samus and Fox and watched the hilarity roll in. they're both around 25-30 now.

Pikachu is at 12. 

• 1 month later...

Amiibo collecting is causing me too much stress. I did manage to get Villager and Wii Fit Trainer, which are super rare. Also Captain Falcon, Fox, and Samus, which I'm told are kinda rare. And then all the easy ones to get.

The only 3 I'm missing that are currently available are Marth, Pit, and Little Mac.

However, in February a bunch more come out including 4 store exclusives, Meta-Knight (Best Buy), Shulk (Gamestop), Rosalina & Luma (Target), and Lucario (Toys R Us). And all 4 are no longer available to preorder. So those are gonna fucking be the death of me.

still waiting for Captain Falcon and Pit. neither has shown up any place in town yet.

after picking up Luigi today, my collection sits at: Link, Samus, Fox, Pikachu, Zelda, Luigi.

in February i can't wait for Sonic and Mega Man. i'll probably pick up Mario, Peach, and Kirby at some point, but i think that is all i need. Maybe Donkey Kong too. and if they make a Pac-Man one.

I play with Little Mac a lot. People quit A LOT. What are they butthurt about? He's strong but he's also really limited; he has no projectiles and his jumping and saving himself is among the weakest in the game. Is it because they just want Shulk/Shulk/Ike/Link fights all day long?

I did something stupid. Paid $60 to import a Little Mac and a Marth from Europe. But when they arrive in 2-3 weeks, I'll have all the currently available Amiibos. When they next wave drops in Feburary, my insanity starts again...

Wave 3 Amiibos are starting to leak out.... I'm also trying to track down this Funko POP Punisher figure that's exclusive to Walgreen's and my stores haven't stocked it yet.... A significant portion of my life is going to be dedicated to hunting for toys. I'm an adult.

i'm up to seven Amiibos. i finally gave up on only finding them in stores, as no store in town has yet received Captain Falcon, Pit, or Little Mac from wave 2. 

but i refuse to pay more than retail price (+shipping) so i haven't ordered any off Amazon yet. did preorder Sonic thru Amazon the other day, so i have that going for me. Falcon and Mega Man are my most wanteds.

i called every place in town yesterday. if i'm after Mario or Peach, i have lots of options. Everybody confirmed they hadn't ever seen a Captain Falcon or Pit in stock. A couple people mentioned that Wave 3 comes out 2/1, but nobody had received anything yet. this town sucks.

i called every place in town yesterday. if i'm after Mario or Peach, i have lots of options. Everybody confirmed they hadn't ever seen a Captain Falcon or Pit in stock. A couple people mentioned that Wave 3 comes out 2/1, but nobody had received anything yet. this town sucks.

Falcon and Pit and semi-rare. I managed to snag my Falcon off Amazon and got Pit at a Gamestop (but that took checking the Gamestop website everyday for about 2 weeks).

2/1? I thought it was 2/12. Anyone know if that includes Rosalina? I foresee a pre-Super Bowl amiibo hunt on Sunday...

The Target employees I talked to (because Rosalina is a Target exclusive, as you probably know) told me they got in a lot of Rosalina's. They'll start selling her Sunday morning (along with many other Wave 3's, except Sheik who was already out).

For what it's worth, Toys R Us told me Friday they'll start selling Lucario and other Wave 3 guys (except Bowser which was already out).

Both stores said they'll be sold out in mere hours, they've had many calls for them. Unfortunetly, I'll be at work both days, so I'll probably be shit out of luck.