DVDVR Message Board

Shocker: Ian Rotten didn't pay Jeff Jarrett at IWA last night

This is Hebrew Hammer Joseph Shwartz v Scientologist Travis Dufour.

http://youtu.be/G24Gc0Ym9N0

Both guys have no shortage of bookings although neither has worked IWA they've worked elsewhere. Both have a ton of potential. I'd say Shwartz' act is way more polished than early Punk who had amusing gimmick and fun mic work and a good work ethic but needed a lot of time to figure out things to do to fill time, how to work in front of a regular audience, etc. I think without IWA, Punk might have got to be as good as Shwartz or maybe fellow midwest worker Vic Capri.

If Ian wasn't such a scumbag I don't think many people would have a problem saying he helped develop Punk and others during that era.

Ian Rotten is a wrestling promoter. Wrestling promoters are all scumbags. When St Peter greets Ian, Heyman, Mcmahon, Inoki, Victor Quinones, Fritz, and Antonio Pena...none of them are going into heaven.

Both guys have no shortage of bookings although neither has worked IWA they've worked elsewhere. Both have a ton of potential. I'd say Shwartz' act is way more polished than early Punk who had amusing gimmick and fun mic work and a good work ethic but needed a lot of time to figure out things to do to fill time, how to work in front of a regular audience, etc. I think without IWA, Punk might have got to be as good as Shwartz or maybe fellow midwest worker Vic Capri.

If Ian wasn't such a scumbag I don't think many people would have a problem saying he helped develop Punk and others during that era.

Ian Rotten is a wrestling promoter. Wrestling promoters are all scumbags. When St Peter greets Ian, Heyman, Mcmahon, Inoki, Victor Quinones, Fritz, and Antonio Pena...none of them are going into heaven.

1. There is no heaven.

2. Ian is a special kind of scumbag, to the point that in a business full of scumbags, he's been specifically singled out as a true, special kind of scumbag. 

1. There is no heaven.

2. Ian is a special kind of scumbag, to the point that in a business full of scumbags, he's been specifically singled out as a true, special kind of scumbag.

If there's no Heaven how come that Greg Kinnear movie says it's real? Answer that one smart guy!

Am I missing a commandment somewhere?

thou shall not screw the boys?

Try: If you hire someone to work for you, you should pay them what you said you would pay them.

Wouldn't that be covered under "thou shalt not lie" and possibly even "thou shalt not steal" (if you want to argue that he's stealing the labor of the wrestlers)?

1. There is no heaven.

Ian cheated/didn't pay talent, lied to fans (promised shit didn't deliver) and entertained guys in the back by having a wrestler abuse a mentally challenged kid. That's what wrestling promoters do. Trying to think of a succesful protmoter who hasn't been accused of those things. Respected guys like Eddie Graham and Paul heyman did all three. Wrestler's are conmen, I've seen promoters be derided as marks for not attempting to rip off talent, attempting to rip off the fans, and setting up opportunities to take liberties with those who can't know better.

In addition to not paying talent what they were promised, promising fans stuff that they had no ability or intention to deliver and taking liberties with the slow, Quinones, Pena and Vince Mcmahon are all accused of also either raping or attempting to rape talent.

In addition to not paying talent what they were promised, promising fans stuff that they had no ability or intention to deliver, taking liberties with the slow, and rape Vince Mcmahon also covered for/enabled at least one pedophile and one murderer. He is the most succesful wrestling promoter alive and what all the others aspire to.

It's a scumbag biz.

Not denying the claim but asking out of ignorance, what mentally slow person did Vince take liberties with? I know the claims behind everything else but that one I'm drawing a blank.

Wasn't it speculated that the Eugene gimmick was a mockery of a mentally challenged kid who used to hang out backstage?