DVDVR Message Board

Kids Say the Darndest Things: Pro Wrestling Edition

Luckily, we don't watch TNA so she can't ask if Davey Richards is a nice person...

Sir, I respect your lifestyle choices.

I would raise its hand to all four corners for a cheap pop, and I would even throw in a few "This guy!" finger points, and I sure as hell wouldn't clothesline it from behind either.

• Like 1

When I was about 14, I was sitting ringside in Jacksonville with a couple of friends.  One of the prelim matches featured Professor Tanaka. Must have been one of his first appearances in Jax, because he was matched with a job guy and did a prolonged squash, just tortured the poor bastard. The beating dragged on to the point where some of the older ringside smartasses started razzing the job guy, really ripping him for what an incompetent piece of crap he was.  When the job guy was beaten into an inert mass and the razzing hit its peak, one of my friends jumps up and starts yelling, "Come on, Dad! You can do it! You can beat this guy! Please, Dad, get up!" He was practically in tears. The entire ringside got very quiet... until our group lost it and started laughing.

• Like 4