DVDVR Message Board

TNA iMPACT Spoilers for 2/1/24 - Orlando, FL

*Taped for Xplosion: Rhino def. Champagne Singh. After the match, Crazzy Steve attacks Rhino with the Digital Media championship and says he will be the first notch on the title. 
*Taped for Xplosion: Laredo Kid def. Jai Vidal

TNA iMPACT - Airing February 1, 2024 from Orlando, FL

*Nic Nemeth def. Trey Miguel (w/ Zachary Wentz) (7:14) with the Superkick after Wentz was ejected from ringside. After the match, Steve Maclin helped the Rascalz in attacking Nemeth.

*Decay (Rosemary & Havok) def. Mila Moore & Savannah Thorne (2:50)

*Brian Myers def. Kevin Knight (10:45) after the Roster Cut. Afterwards, Eddie Edwards & Alisha join Myers to corner Knight but Kushida runs out for the save. 

*Frankie Kazarian came to the ring for a promo. Kazarian said everyone's been asking him why he turned on Eric Young and TNA. Kazarian says last year he came back to save TNA, he's given 25 years and now he's taking instead of giving. Kazarian says he's sick of being passed over for opportunities, he has no desire to be a hero to the fans. Kazarian says Eric Young is a soldier for TNA but history doesn't remember soldiers, they remember kings and he will be king of TNA. 

*PCO def. Deaner (1:04) with the PCOSault. After the match, Kon lays out both Deaner and PCO. 

*Masha Slamovich (w/ Killer Kelly) def. Jody Threat (w/ Dani Luna) (4:06) after the Snow Plow

*Grizzled Young Vets (James Drake & Zack Gibson) def. The ABC (Ace Austin & Chris Bey) (15:32) after Grit Your Teeth on Ace in match 1 in a Best of 3 series. 

Edited by DreamBroken

I’ve decided to review Xplosion I don’t know if it warrants its own thread or not. I figured because it airs on YouTube two days before IMPACT! I could just post it in the weeks Impact thread.

TNA Xplosion 1/30/24

One last show from the Palms in Las Vegas.

They wasted no time getting into the action as Rhino vs Shera starts right after the opening video. Match was good. Two big guys bearing the bell out of each other. What Rhino lacks in height he makes up in width. Crowd was all about Rhino. I’m not sure if I’ve seen Shera wrestle before or not. Rhino wins with a gore and the crowd is happy with the outcome. 

We get a new Segment with The Don West You Got To Kidding Me Trending Topics Of The Week. Nice little nod to Don here the 5 topics are; Maclin vs Swann as the first match of The New TNA Era, The System forming, Gisselle Shaw winning the Knockouts Ultimate X, Crazy Steve beating Tommy Dreamer for the Digital Media Championship and Nic Nemeth coming to TNA. 

We then get the last moments of Swann vs Alexander from last years No Surrender. We see the last 2 1/2 minutes of the match and it looked like it was a banger I’m gonna have to go back and watch the match in full.

Now we get a new interview segment called Around the Ring with Gia Miller where she asks questions not related to wrestling her first guest is Ace Austin. We get to know the wrestlers outside of wrestling. Nice way to add depth to the roster outside of wrestler maybe add more to their characters as we get to know them a little better.

The next thing we get is Nic Nemeths promo from the January 18th episode of IMPACT! I’ve already covered it in my review of that show. The video has over 1 million views on YouTube. Dolph in TNA feels like a big deal. It’s clipped it’s not the full segment but we see the altercation between Nic and Maclin which is gonna be a good match. Xplosion should have some clips from IMPACT! The important stuff but they gotta watch it cuz it’s easy to end up like Thunder and become essentially a clip show for the main show.

Hendry vs Swann was a lot of fun. A lot more Hendry dominant than I would have expected. The crowd was super into Hendry which I find to be interesting as everything I’ve seen with the AJ Francis stuff Hendry seems to be the heel but he’s clearly the face. The Cheez-It’s talk before the match really makes me hope we get Hendry vs Francis for the Cheez-It’s Championship and we are gonna need a Cheez-It’s spot that is in the spirit of a thumbtacks spot. I was surprised to see Hendry win last I was watching Impact/TNA Swann was higher up on the card.

All and all a nice little hour of wrestling. Xplosion feels different than IMPACT! Which is the best compliment I could give it. 

• Like 3

Pretty good show. Nemeth/Trey was quick solid opener. Liked seeing Nemeth's Superkick be a match ender again along with the Danger Zone. Myers/Knight was good, finish looked killer. 

Great feature on Jordynne Grace in the Rumble. I didn't think they'd air the tag with Trinity but that'll be next week. 

Nice main event to kick off the tag team best of 3 series. 

• Like 1

Hannifan and Rehwoldt are Ichiban! Nic Nemeth v Miguel was solid stuff. I'm into the early run of Nemeth. Love to see him showcase his mat skills a little more tho. Perhaps that'll come along in New Japan? Miguel is so much better as a heel. Big fan of what I've seen of Steve Maclin. Nemeth v Maclin is a match I'd like to see. Kon/Deaner promo - uh, who fucking cares? Skimmed passed Decay squash. The whole gimmick is incredibly stale. I dug the Killer Kelly/Slamovich  promo and I think I dig this team. More for Masha. I don't know much about Kelly, but curious to see more. Jody Threat's got a minion? Awesome! Alan Angels/Josh Alexander promo bit was solid. I like heel Angels. Curious to see he v Alexander. Brian Myers v Kevin Knight was solid. Myers is so underrated. I sense nobody will ever see him as anything but a WWE job guy. Thankfully, I never saw his 'Curt Hawkins'. That shiny pleather outfit is fucking awful, but his in ring is so good. I wish he went more ECW with his look. Ripped jeans and such. Or just flat out stole the classic (pre-polka) Dreamer look. Or embraced his inner 'Dirty White Boy'. Knight clearly has some SICK tools. Sabin promo was alright. I like the Ali interruption. And very much dig Hotch and especially Skyler. I find babyface Sabin pretty cheesy on the mic, but liked him here, and especially his calling out Skyler. Frankie Kazarian promo was good. I like the aviators. I've never really seen Kaz as a heel, but I'm on board. Seems like a great refresh of a talented in ring worker. Eric Young meekly watching from the curtain was stupid, but I can't say I didn't get a laugh from it. Young v Kaz is another match I'd be curious to see. Alex Shelley/System promo was alright. Shelley is such a corndog as a babyface. I liked the Ash by Elegance video and especially like this character, but a more flattering softer lighting is needed here. Using a hard light revealing all pores isn't gonna help anybody. Even the elegant Ash. I skimmed Deaner v PCO. Oulette should be working tag matches waiting for the hot tag. His age and beaten up body are over exposed in singles matches like this. AJ Francis/Swann/Rhino promo was alright. I like Francis' mic work and charisma, Swann could really really really use somebody to help him out in these departments. And Francis could use a worker to tag with. Perfect! Take the deal Rich! I'm sure the Grace BTS video was a big deal for this distant number 3 or 4, but I skimmed passed it. Masha v Jody Threat was good while it lasted. Wouldn't have minded 5 minutes more. ABC v GYB was solid stuff as well. Some really nice combo spots. I like both of these teams. James Drake and Alex Reynolds - separated at birth? Good win for the GYB. Very much back this 2/3 match series booking. Two weeks in a row this show has been pretty solid. Definitely strong enough to have me back for week 3. 

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 1