DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 5/18/23 - Chicago, IL

*Taped for BTI: The Design (Deaner & Kon w/ Alan Angels) def. Johnny Swinger & Zicky Dice (8:26) when Deaner pinned Dice after the Antidote

Impact Wrestling - Airing May 18, 2023 from Chicago, IL

*Trey Miguel def. Laredo Kid (8:56) via rollup with tights pulled after removing his mask. After the match, Trey grabs the mic and says he's holding the show hostage until he gets shown more respect. Chris Sabin interrupts and says Trey has disrespected the X Division. Sabin challenges Trey for the X Division Championship at Under Siege next week.

*Jason Hotch (w/ Brian Myers & John Skyler) def. Ace Austin (w/ Chris Bey) (11:48) with a rollup after Myers interfered.

*Trinity def. KiLynn King (10:39) via Starstruck submission. After the match, Jai Vidal comes out and sets up Trinity vs. Gisele Shaw at Under Siege. 

*Jody Threat def. Sierra (2:23) after the F-416

*Alex Shelley, Yuya Uemura, & Jonathan Gresham def. Moose, Eddie Edwards, & Frankie Kazarian (20:18) when Shelley pinned Edwards with the Shellshock after miscommunication between Eddie & Kazarian.

Edited by DreamBroken

• DreamBroken changed the title to Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 5/18/23 - Chicago, IL

Trinity looked great in her in-ring Impact debut and KiLynn looked really great right along with her. Good spots, moves, and near falls throughout. Felt like this should've been the Under Siege match, good stuff.

Trey always kills it, solid opener with Laredo, looking forward to him and Sabin. Didn't see the sudden heel turn of Dirty Dango coming, that was surprising.

Super fun trios main event with all 6 delivering. Under Siege looking like another very good lineup.

• Like 2

Nice debut for Trinity. The ladies got some decent time and used it well. I agree this was kinda PPV worthy. Makes me excited about what Trinity vs Giselle will deliver at Under Seige...

Besides being super athletic, Trinity has actually learned to work really well over the years. She made Kilynn's offense look super brutal at times with her bumping and selling. She seemed to have expanded her offense to incorporate a few more kicks and it was cool to see her breakout a few moves she didn't use too often while in WWE. She looked like she was having a good time and she was actually able to get her shit in. 

Kilynn King definitely deserves a nod too. She hasn't been wrestling that long but seems polished. She's a big, strong girl who looks fairly safe throwing her opponents around and laying into her strikes. Again, I'm not feeling the Coven. I don't think the characters have translated well on TV, but I can see a difference in Kilynn's confidence now that she has something to work with creatively. 

• Like 2

Coming to echo the love for the Trinity/Kilynn match. I've been a King fan for a while as well as a Trinity fan so I was definitely looking forward to this and it didn't disappoint. Trinity looked like she hadn't lost a step and seemed right at home in Impact. Kilynn continues to improve and I'm still shocked AEW let her get away. Trinity/Giselle should be fun 

• Like 2