DVDVR Message Board

ICW & WCPW

5 hours ago, Noah Mark said:

I just started watching European wrestling last month and I've a shitload of Progress & wXw.  I've not seen much from ICW or WCPW.  I'm just wanting some match recommendations from this year from both.

There's a UK thread in the Theoretical # 2's folder, that's probably your best bet for folks in the know. I haven't seen much of any Europe stuff at all this year, only little bits and pieces. 

I wholeheartedly believe the British wrestling scene is the best in the world right now. Japan, Mexico and the US have nothing on the UK at the moment.

I would really recommend to check out Revolution Pro, if you've only seen Progress and wXw. Those two are the two best promotions in the UK in my opinion. I can also highly recommend Fight Club Pro and OTT.

ICW hasn't really grabbed me as much as the other promotions as of yet, but I would recommend checking out some of their bigger shows. Shug's Hoose Party III is a good start I think, had a really great Damo/Coffey match. They have another massive show this weekend, so you might want to check that out.

Still have yet to see any WCPW, because I heard some bad stuff about the promotion early on, but I'll try to remedy that soon. Can't be that bad.

ICW is fun if you're a fan of the attitude era/ECW era but are not too fussed on the quality of the wrestling. They have some great guys but also some not-so-great guys, and the storylines come first.

WCPW has some good matches but is almost intolerably booked and has far too much of the What Culture "personalities" involved. Maybe watch with the sound down?

The best of the UK can be found in the smaller promotions, as well as RevPro's supershows. Try Fight Club: PRO, ATTACK!, Tidal Championship Wrestling, Discovery, Fight!Nation... but really, the whole scene is on fire right now.