DVDVR Message Board

Flat Track Roller Derby

Mister TV

It's tourney time! First off Jet City and Santa Cruz won the two Div. 2 tournaments and will play in Milwaukee at Champs.

This past weekend Denver won the "Ft. Wayne Playoff" with a win over Ohio who surprised many by making it to the final and London taking third over Montreal. All three goto Milwaukee for Champs with Denver getting a first round bye. I went to Ft. Wayne and it was a lot of great derby but London really got screwed by a horrible skating out of bounds penalty during the final jam, if the penalty hadn't been called they very well could have won. When Denver was full strength it was near impossible for other teams to move their walls and along with their jammers have to be a favorite to be the team that falls to Gotham in the final. Ohio isn't flashy but they get it done, I hope they get a win in Milwaukee to cap off their season. London was so much fun to watch and be around, I really hope they end up a Cinderella team and get 2nd or 3rd, they are going to be like the Beatles at Champs.

Cincy and Bleeding Heartland had a great bout to kick things off and Wasatch put a real scare into Montreal in a really good bout.

This coming weekend is the "Richmond Playoff" with Angel City, Texas, Naptown and Philly as the top 4 seeds.

An old friend of mine from college is so hyooge into this stuff that he travels on his own dime to announce for tons of teams and never gets paid a lick. He probably puts in more time helping the local team than he does his own job. He's gonna be announcing at the Richmond Playoff, for free, traveling on his own dime. I like the guy, but, man, talk about a derby mark.

Give me match races and people flying over guard rails and evil coaches any day.