DVDVR Message Board

UFC 196: McGregor vs. Diaz (3/5/2016) - Las Vegas, NV (MGM Grand Garden Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

The fact that we've spent so much time talking about what Conor did wrong instead of what Nate did right bothers me.  Once Nate Diaz figured McGregor out, Nate finished him with a crazy level of efficeincy.  He figured out how he moved his head to avoid his jab, followed it with a nasty cross, and then chained together multiple techniques to choke him out.  It was absolutely beautiful technique.

Which is pretty much what they said in this article, which is why I liked it so much. It was much more written in praise of Nate's superior technique than bashing Conor's.

How many times does Dana say a fight is going to happen and then it doesn't? Especially after a title fight, he's constantly making fights that don't happen. I'll believe a fight is confirmed when they formally announce it being on a card.

He's Dana the Douchebag.  Fighters are his property, they till the field he assigns them to, subject to his whims.

Update: UFC 196 is trending toward 1.5 million buys, which would be 2nd all time in UFC history. However, it will break the PPV revenue number due to the increase in the price.

• 3 months later...