DVDVR Message Board

UWF-i Bushido is now 100% free

Hooker

Dunno how many fans of this there are (or how many people are even aware of it), but some British company back in the 90s took UWF International matches and slapped on complimentary shoot-style commentary, and it's great.  The only downside is that, in an attempt to maintain authenticity, they took out a lot of the wrestlers recognizable to the western world (i.e., no Vader) and I think they trimmed down the number of tag matches.

If you're looking to test the waters, the Nobohiko Takada vs Gary Albright series is an obvious place to start.  However, I could never find it except behind aggravating paywalls, so I'm not the best to ask for solid recommendations.  But, really, it's all great.

LINK

• Like 3

I remember TSN aired this in the early '00s. I lost my mind accordingly.

Looking at the site, what's up with the VQ? The aspect ratio stays the same in full screen. Aaaah, you have to stretch it manually. That's... odd.

If nothing else, watch Episode 10, with the Berbick vs. Takada. It is short, but really is one of those matches that you should see at least once.

And I would certainly skip the previous boxer/wrestler match on that show. Unwatchable is the best thing I can say about it.

Well, I would say the star of this is the commentary.  Yeah, some of the UWFi gong show stuff is in there, but the best stuff is the actual wrestling set to some really terrific, non-WWE-style English language commentary.