DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Lightfall

RIPPA

6 minutes ago, Shadow said:

The weapons better be good or I'm going to play Yakuza.

All signs are hinting towards Black Armory and old beloved Pinnacle weapons like Recluse and Mountaintop which I think are before you started playing. They are among the community's favorite weapons though who knows if that will still be the case with new perks and general changes that have happened over the years.

Why does the Corrupted seem to bring out the dumbest D2 players. Why are even bother with the Nightfall if you aren't even going to attempt Platinum? Its makes getting the weapon all the damn harder.

Edit: It is of course after complaining that I find a decent team of blueberries to run with. Always weird how this happens. Will say that the game does continue to annoy/confuse me with the refusal to give me Nightfall weapons I actually want until I run a GM. Its weird to get a good Adept weapon before I get a good normal version.

Edited by Eivion

Shockingly managed to finish a Trials Passage on the first day I've had it for the first time. Can definitely see why Passage of Persistence is the easier way as long as you have multiple decent runs where you can tied 2 or more victories together. Can still be frustrating with the back and forth win/loss aspect which is my Trials norm. Was happy to get an ok Adept of Stasis Scout Rifle. Still going to try to play more for more rolls. So far I have had less success tonight, but I've only done a handful of games. I have to admit its definitely less frustrating to lose when you are on a 7-win card and extra Adept loot is your only aim.

It is still amazing though how bad so many players are at PvP. I pretty much had shit teams for all of my games tonight and yet those players are either at my rank or a little higher. Still it says a lot when the last match went 4-4 before the inevitable loss because I carried my team through at least 3 of those games. The other team wasn't even good. They were just better as team while my guys sucked as a team and as solos. The fact that I came out as the best player on scoreboard just made me chuckle a sad laugh since I'm pretty sure I'm average at D2 PvP wise. 

Very much looks like them taking favorites from over the years for this update. I like it though it feels weird that raid weapons are included though I'm not complaining.

And to think Datto just got Cross to clean some of his vault via gameshow.

Finished up the stream. For all intents and purposes Into the Light, loot wise, is complete and utter bribery of the community by Bungie. The returning weapons will basically be the strongest they ever were sans Luna's Howl and Recluse. Even those are be maybes depending on how strong the first column perks ares when attached to Master and Magnificent. 3 raid weapons, including 2 from a still active raids. And finally they bring in an all black shader that isn't memento tied.

All of this is bribery, and I'm perfectly ok with that. I just wish a new version of Gnawing Hunger would be implemented as well.

The new social space feels like a combo of Zur's and Leviathan's. Hall of Champions is a neat idea, and I kind of wish they had in already. I'm sure some are pissed it isn't the old Tower, but if that returns it will almost certainly be in the Final Shape and probably still changed a good deal.

Edited by Eivion

Hunters won Guardian Games by one silver medal. All three classes tied for gold medals. Warlocks turning on Titans in that final week worked in Hunters' favors.

Whisper and Revision Zero missions are both officially back (not really a shock since the tease last week)

EDIT - Should be noted that both have changes - one of them is that its now a 40 minute timer

Said timer will be 20 in Legend mode.

The new PvP maps look good.

Pantheon being about Raid boss fights was unexpected. I wonder if it will includes bosses from sunset raids.

Edited by Eivion

So what would you guys say as a verdict before it's available? Do you think this is comparable to the 30th Anniversary update? Given that their back was against the wall, I'm optimistic that it'll be fun.

5 minutes ago, Shadow said:

So what would you guys say as a verdict before it's available? Do you think this is comparable to the 30th Anniversary update? Given that their back was against the wall, I'm optimistic that it'll be fun.

30th Anniversary was mostly new content including a new dungeon but cost not only money, but I would argue too much money for just a dungeon. The loot was good at the time, but they were made kind of moot (sans Ghally) just a few months later with Witch Queen adding weapon crafting and origin traits. The dungeon weapons still haven't been updated two years later.

Into the Light has two new activities that are seemingly repurposing old areas but not to the level of what we see in say Battlegrounds. The loot looks fantastic though its all returning weapons. ITL mostly feels like Bungie trying to make good on a promise made back when they did sunsetting of how things would eventually return and be better when they did. The weapons and returning exotic missions all feel like this. With the horde mode we are also at least a getting something long requested as well.

Will actually have to play to have a true answer, but I think into the Light will at least be a solid update and a worthwhile way to kill time for the next couple of months before The Final Shape. Right now I think the updates look about even. ITL would probably look more favorable if Bungie was in a better position, but its hard to get excited with everything that has gone down the past year. Still it leaves me with more positive leaning vibes than I had just a couple of months ago.

Best thing I have done in awhile was starting to follow a Vex Incursion Alert Twitter account

I am not on a lot when they happen but being able to pick off random exotics that I don't have on my lesser characters is nice

And the helpful tricks it gives out is nice too - like if you use Strand in one of the encounters there is a good chance you will crash your game

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Best thing I have done in awhile was starting to follow a Vex Incursion Alert Twitter account

I am not on a lot when they happen but being able to pick off random exotics that I don't have on my lesser characters is nice

And the helpful tricks it gives out is nice too - like if you use Strand in one of the encounters there is a good chance you will crash your game

Is the twitter name just Vex Incursion Alert? I'd like to try it as well. Also is the stream for Final Shape gameplay at 1 EST again?

It's @ VexNetAssistant (using the name Asher Mir)

You usually get the notice about 5 minutes prior

HOW THE FUCK IS THIS GAME'S BROKEN ASS CODE GONNA BE ABLE TO RUN ALL THIS SHIT?!?!?!?!

• Haha 1

Just saw the stream. Wow, just wow. Poor Datto's mind must be broken right now. Cross is probably the same, just in the complete opposite direction. Prismatic is some insane levels of power creep that I'm not sure they can get away from unless its only usable in the Pale Heart. Like they never need a third Darkness class with that shit available. 

New enemy group was surprising. I suspected it would be more than Subjugators & Tormentors, but still not an entire group.

I'm curious how much of this was what they have been working on with extra time vs. what they already had ready. It felt like they were trying to keep secrets during the Showcase back in August. I can easily buy this being those secrets. Whatever the case this is exactly what last year's Showcase should have been and needed to be. I'm officially hyped again for D2.

Once again Prismatic has to be Pale Heart only or we are getting D3 sooner than later. The power creep is just oo insane even with the new enemies having some good abilities among them.

Did around 30 waves of Onslaught before I tapped out. I like it so far. Its using more than Crucible maps. They do have some different angling like they did for Battleground maps. And its nice that we can actually choose which maps to play.

Managed to get Succession, Edge Transit, Hung Jury, & Recluse so far. I think we have 6 weapons that be found randomly via waves, and the rest come from bounties first before they become random drops in Onslaught and from chests. No Hammerhead, Luna's Howl, Blast Furnace, or Midnight Coup this via just going off of the collections tab. They were missing when I checked earlier. Elsie's RIfle seems to be the first weapon to gain from a bounty quest.

Nearly finished 50 waves only for my dumb teammate to try and revive me at the worst time. Like even just two seconds later and I could have cheaped out with a self-revive.