DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 1/12/2022

Some things I forgot to mention:

Archer as the Monster Lambert bring sin that he can't really wrangle in could be an interesting angle. He makes a good opponent for Page see if Page is good enough to defeat this unhinged monster.

Daunte Martin winning a big match was nice. That was a big win on Hobbs, after Ricky gets done with Lethal. I didn't talk about it in the Rampage thread but i like the FTW Title being treated as an unofficial official title with how deep their male roster is having a singles title a tier below the TNT Championship might actually be beneficial. But back to Daunte Martin I think after Lethal, Martin should be Rickys next defense and there's an argument to be made that Daunte should very well be the guy to beat Ricky for the FTW title. I think an angle of Team Taz trying to get the FTW Championship back leading to the ascent of Hook maybe he eventually beats Daunte for it in the Summer. IDK I'm armchair booking now.

On 1/15/2022 at 4:05 PM, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Just spit-balling here but since the attitude era they've kind of conditioned audiences that using anything connected to the ring / ring area is legal. (Except the time keeper chairs for some reason). Basically the steps, the post, the rails, announcer and time keeper tables. If you are using them where they lay then it's not illegal. You bring the steps in the ring illegal. But just whip a dude into them, legal. That table was the ring announcer table and not manipulated or brought into the ring, so it's fair game.

Now no one has ever explicitly said that. But that just seems to be the rules as I understand them at least.

Word.  I've been watching since 1985 and the rule has always been "if it happens outside, it's legal."  Is it somewhat stupid and egregious?  Sure, but that's how it's going to be unless you get a promotion that has a real hard on for booking it purely like a real sport.