DVDVR Message Board

Top 3 Matches To See Live

Jiji

IYH Canadian Stampede main event just dwarfs everything else for me, in terms of "I wish I could have been part of that crowd."

Tigers Mask vs Black Buffalo mascaras contra mascaras took place before I moved to Japan. A lot of my Osaka Pro fanatic friends consider it their favourite match. Two guys who are really close friends "in real life" and at that time massive rivals in kayfabe... people I know were moved to tears by the match and its aftermath. I can only eat my heart out.

Flair vs Funk I quit match would be pretty great, too... but I think the Terry Funk match I would most like to have seen live was the 1980 match to determine the winner of the RWTL tournament. Baba & Jumbo vs Terry & Dunk. That would allow me to live my impossible dream of seeing both Baba and Jumbo live and in person.

• Like 2

Glad to see Austin/Bret at WM13 mentioned multiple times, so I won't repeat that one. Same with the Canadian Stampede main event tag. 3 off the top of my head for atmosphere that are off the beaten path...

2008 Royal Rumble - *THAT* return. One of the last truly great WWE surprises in their home building.
Cruiserweight Battle Royal and Title Match, Slamboree 1998 - The biggest pop I've ever seen for a non main event program. Another return no one really saw coming.
Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart, Wrestlemania X - My all time favorite match colored deeply by how big of an Owen Hart mark I was at the time. One of the best pure wrestling matches in WWE history with a fairytale ending for this villain loving kid.

• Like 1