DVDVR Message Board

Shonen Jump thread

evilwaldo

There have to be enough people here that read Shonen Jump on a weekly basis.  It is only $0.99 a week on Amazon and Comixology.

Catch all thread for all of the stories.

Just when I think Toriko cannot get more over the top they go over the top.

The Promised Neverland looks all sorts of dark if the first two parts are any indication.  I enjoyed the start more than I expected.  Very well written and drawn first issue.  

Boruto is a fun modern day take on Naruto.  The characters are pretty realistic with a nice take on a father son story.

One Punch Man has been all sorts of fun.

Food Wars is growing on me slowly but steadily.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/08/2016 at 7:55 PM, evilwaldo said:

There have to be enough people here that read Shonen Jump on a weekly basis.  It is only $0.99 a week on Amazon and Comixology.

Catch all thread for all of the stories.

Just when I think Toriko cannot get more over the top they go over the top.

The Promised Neverland looks all sorts of dark if the first two parts are any indication.  I enjoyed the start more than I expected.  Very well written and drawn first issue.  

Boruto is a fun modern day take on Naruto.  The characters are pretty realistic with a nice take on a father son story.

One Punch Man has been all sorts of fun.

Food Wars is growing on me slowly but steadily.

For someone who has never read these things, is it easy enough to pick up? I can't help feeling I'll be jumping right into the middle of various stories, and it might be a challenge to keep straight.

So finally bit the bullet and decided to stop being a horrible person and subscribed to WSJ on Comixology. I can wait a few extra days to read One Piece.

On 9/3/2016 at 2:32 PM, Liam said:

For someone who has never read these things, is it easy enough to pick up? I can't help feeling I'll be jumping right into the middle of various stories, and it might be a challenge to keep straight.

I've honestly never started a manga with the first chapter, so I would say you can pretty much start anywhere and get an idea of whether you're going find it interesting or not. 

I have found that if you give the wiki a quick glance you can generally pick up anywhere.  The only one where I am having problems is Blue Exorcist.  

The Promised Neverland is pretty dark but I like the first few issues.  

One Piece is a level of goofiness I never expected when I started reading the manga.

Boku No Academia has been a fun ride the past few months.