DVDVR Message Board

Daniel Bryan/Bryan Danielson Appreciation.

I already felt Bryan Danielson was the Greatest Wrestler of All Time when he had to retire in February 2016. In March 2018, Danielson was cleared to return and it's added to his case:

• Only Bryan Danielson could be a beloved babyface and hated heel as The New Daniel Bryan in WWE. AEW also.
  • The New Daniel Bryan pushes his ROH World Championship run from September 2005-December 2006 as my favourite period of Danielson's career. The matches as The New Daniel Bryan and the promos chastising consumerism and gluttony.

The matches:

• vs. Brock Lesnar. Survivor Series 2018.
  • A ***** match with AJ Styles. TLC 2018.
  • The Elimination Chamber match he started and retained the WWE Championship vs. Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Jeff Hardy at Elimination Chamber 2019.
  • vs. AJ Styles in the finals of the WWE Intercontinental Championship Tournament on Smackdown Live, 13th June 2020. My 2020 WWE MOTY.
  • Daniel Bryan's last WWE match against Roman Reigns on Smackdown Live, 30th April 2021.
  • The best match in AEW history vs. Kenny Omega at AEW Dynamite Grand Slam, 22nd September 2021. *****. My 2021 MOTY.
  •  vs. Minoru Suzuki. AEW The Buy In: Rampage, 15th October 2021. *****.
  • vs. Eddie Kingston. AEW Rampage, 29th October 2021.
  • vs. Adam Page. AEW Winter is Coming Dynamite, 15th December 2021. *****. The second best match in AEW history.

Bryan Danielson can do it all: Beloved babyface, hated heel, can talk, he can do comedy and his biggest attribute, his in-ring abilities are second to none. I'm a massive fan of Bryan Danielson. Huge one.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

• Bryan Danielson told Asbury Park Press about his 60-minute draw against Hangman Page: “If you would have told me at the beginning of the year that I would do a 60-minute match on television, I would have been like, ‘Where’s that happening?’ So I’ve had some really cool surprises this year.”

I am loathe to having threads dedicated to one specific wrestler since it opens the door for 2000 different threads and that IS NOT happening

I kinda let this one go since at the time it was uncertain the status of Bryan and there was at least discussion.

Now - 16 of the last 20 posts have been from the same poster.

Since it appears we have a few more years - there is nothing here that couldn't go in other existing threads.

• Like 1

• RIPPA locked this topic