DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: SHAUN TEMPERS

RIPPA

I have vague memories of seeing Shaun tagging with Ace Rockwell in a duo called Pomp & Circumstance. This was back around '04 or '05, and I recall them at the time being a generic-but-competent heel team; not bad, but nothing special. Then again, I was generally seeing them at random lil' house shows in Georgia, not in venues that were conducive to giving the proverbial one hundred and ten percent. Maybe one of the old Wildside regulars (paging JLSigman...) would have more specific recollections.

Yeah, he was the chubby one in the team.  He's definitely worked really hard over the years to get in better shape, and I know of some people who are really high on his work the last few years, even calling him one of the best in the southeast.  I think he's ok, but I give him credit for working his butt off to be in better shape to come off as a real worker unlike some of his fellow workers from the same time period. 

Still see him on notNWA Anarchy's YouTube show every once in a while, but he doesn't seem to be a regular there any more.  Tempers really grew into being a strong singles competitor.  Dug him using the old-school Rude Awakening-style neckbreaker for a finisher.