DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Lightfall

RIPPA

9 hours ago, RIPPA said:

BTW - completion of the last Riven's Wish will grant TWO Wish Tokens

And, unsurprisingly, you have until Final Shape is released to complete them

I got them last night. The Prophecy Strand pulse is quite nice in PvP. I picked up the RL to finish up as a craftable and Auto-rifle just to have at least one more red border weapon to aim for when I finally muster the courage/energy to at least do the Kali fight of Last Wish.

11 hours ago, RIPPA said:

It is changing each day with different modifiers 

Unless someone coded something wrong but I ran Inverted Spire at least three times

I'm happy they are switching them out daily again. Hopefully some of the other old nightfalls are used as well. 

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

The absolute slaughters I keep getting in Supremacy are annoying the hell out of me, but at the same time I can't help but be somewhat ok with it with how far ahead Hunters are.

Also that Focus package system is clearly broken as I have yet to get even one engram despite being Hunter and playing the activity multiple times.

I really wish that when I actually get to play - the featured activity wouldn't always be fucking Gambit

• Haha 1

FInally started getting focus packages and eventually an engram from tonight's earlier Focus Activity. Hopefully that means they fixed whatever was wrong. 

I saw someone make this suggestion so I started doing it too

When the Focused Activity shows up - I do one as my Hunter just to get the champions package

But I open on my Titan

So got my first champions package today

• Like 1

Got my third engram finally. Realizing where I screwed up was doing the focus activities too soon. You need to make sure you do at least one after the first tier of rewards is unlocked. After that I was able to get engrams and complete the quest with ease.

With that done and just the Destination and champ challenges left I will probably focus on the Crucible side of GG since it aligns with stuff i'm already trying to do like get an adept Incisor and the Iron banner Shader.

I am just waiting for my third package to arrive (I kept getting canary errors shortly after the last focused event ended)

This is from a few days ago but the change just went live

The longer thread basically explains the hows and whys to Hunter dominance 

• Like 1

That makes sense. I suspect Hunters would still be winning but not dominating if not for the Skimmer quest. They probably should have rethought that one. I know when I finished up mine I only had 680-690 medals via the long route, and that was the most Destiny I had played in months. The sad thing is I see some freaking out about skimmers and not understanding those are absolutely going to become a norm post GG. We are definitely getting exotic skimmers for game rewards and Eververse buys come TFS and beyond.

It is interesting seeing how things have been going and the talk of Hunters being around 50%+ of the community. Can't help but think that number is skewed due to players having all three classes vs. those with just one. I suspect a lot of one character players are Hunter mains like myself because any time in the past they messed with the numbers in GG to attempt to make things more fair Hunters got royally screwed. Meanwhile those with multiple characters are typically not Hunter mains. Also guessing not enough people are going for the Diamond medals. Those are seemingly more points than everything else.

Edited by Eivion

8 hours ago, Eivion said:

It is interesting seeing how things have been going and the talk of Hunters being around 50%+ of the community. Can't help but think that number is skewed due to players having all three classes vs. those with just one. I suspect a lot of one character players are Hunter mains like myself because any time in the past they messed with the numbers in GG to attempt to make things more fair Hunters got royally screwed. Meanwhile those with multiple characters are typically not Hunter mains. Also guessing not enough people are going for the Diamond medals. Those are seemingly more points than everything else.

The last time Bungie released the official total it was 38% Hunter, 31% for the other two classes but that was also 4 years ago

There are sites that track like Destiny Tracker consistently show that the Hunter population grows to over at least over 40% for PvP

And there are active player count trackers - so I could see that being where the current 50% number is coming from

• Like 1

Into the Light drops on April 9

There will be 3 development Twitch streams before then (1 each week) to explain what to expect from Into the Light

April 9 is also when the next Update is happening

Curious to see what they show. Glad they are doing live streams although I have to admit I'm just a pinch disappointed Into the Light will be new content. I was really hoping for some curated missions from all of Destiny for catchup/review of the Light vs. Dark saga before the Final Shape. Can't help but think they are making a mistake if they don't do something of that nature even if it just a long recap movie/vid.

I do find the plans for all the latest update's new and re-issued weapons to have enhancement capabilities come The Final Shape to be interesting. Very curious to see if that will be the new norm or something focused around weapons from higher level activities in general. I figured they would eventually go beyond Raid Adepts, but I assumed it would be kept to other Adept weapons from GMS and Trials due to the work needed to gain them. GG weapons and Prophecy weapons getting the go ahead is surprising. Will definitely have to keep an eye on the Title and Taraxippos now. I was kind of skipping them since there are better versions of both from worlds drops.

I have seen some stuff that the primary thing around Into the Light is that it is a Horde mode possibly involving the Old Tower

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I have seen some stuff that the primary thing around Into the Light is that it is a Horde mode possibly involving the Old Tower

I thought that was just a random Aztecross theory.

Trials continues to be a practice in frustration. Way too many people bringing in moronic weapon choices for the map in use and always on my team. I just wish people who know they have no business being in solo Trials would stay out of it. If you aren't even half decent you won't even get loot.

Finally finished up the Passage of Persistence for Trials. Its annoying, but I can see how its potentially easier to do for some vs. Mercy. Still not all that great considering I played enough Trials to reset again. I haven't done that in nearly two years. I think the frustrations of Trials remain regardless of Passage. There are way too many bad players, cheaters, etc. ARs are basically broken at this point. They get way too much distance without enough damage fall off and are basically at Tracer Rifle levels of stability. If that isn't a bug then whoever made that decision is a moron. Hopefully, they don't take forever to adjust, but I doubt it changes any time soon.

I haven't been able to play much of anything really over the last few weeks due to life (I only get a hour or two every couple of days now)

I have worked my way through the GG stuff to just needing to do random public events (like Altars or Blind Well) and I will finish that up

I have the live stream on and they immediately announced "Onslaught" which is a new activity that is indeed a horde mode (they used a different term) that defends the Last City

I have to hop in and out so I will probably just wait till it ends

I'm watching right now.

• Seems to be a Horde defense mode with a little bit of Rift for pyramid ship invasions/boss fights.
  • You can decoys, turrets, tripmines for defense.
  • Goes to 50 waves.
  • Shaxx is the vendor for the activity.
  • Midnight Coup is confirmed to return weapon wise. Sounds like we won't hear more about loot until next week.
  • Fallen and Hive will be the main enemies though all of the enemy forces of the Witness will seemingly show up sans the Taken(?).
  • Seem to imply that whatever story is going on involves the Taken which is why they aren't a focus in the activity.
Edited by Eivion

Looking at the patch notes - they fixed the issue where GG Supremacy didn't have a mercy rule, thank God

• Like 1