DVDVR Message Board

AWA Wrestling Party Podcasts

goodhelmet

http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/talkCast.jsp?masterId=126382&cmd=tc

We have done these for every disc. We need to finish Disc 1 Part 2. 

If you are having trouble finishing the set and turning in a ballot, follow along with us as we watch the matches. It can't be worse than listening to Ron Tronguard. 

If you haven't finished your ballot and need a way to power through, these shows are great. I had finished my viewing, but was having a terrible time doing my rankings, and when these were released it gave me an excuse to re-watch and actually turn in a ballot for once. During my original viewing I was laughing at the kid at all of the Vegas shows, so when you guys dubbed him "little Matt D" I was rolling! Hope you plan on doing these for the lucha set too, as I have always been a guy who likes to watch wrestling with the boys more than on my own, and this helps to capture a little of that feeling.

http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/talkC...6382&cmd=tc

Final show for AWA. Some time this week, we'll do the first lucha viewing party. The final matches to be ranked are as follows...

Nick Bockwinkel vs. Jim Brunzell (6/11/81) 
Adrian Adonis vs. Jim Brunzell (6/28/81) 
Jerry Blackwell vs. Billy Robinson (12/3/81) 
Nick Bockwinkel vs. Billy Robinson (12/25/81) 
Hulk Hogan, Buck Zumhoffe & Baron Von Raschke vs. Bobby Heenan, Ken Patera & Bobby Duncum (2/28/82) 
Nick Bockwinkel vs. Hulk Hogan (4/18/82) 
Jerry Blackwell & Sheik Adnan Al-Kaissie vs. High Flyers (Cage Match) (4/18/82) 
Tito Santana & Rick Martel vs. High Flyers (8/29/82) 

We were all in consensus that all of the matches were well worth watching. Nobody had the 8 matches ranked in the same order. Hell, in some cases, not even close. Still what a fun way to end the set because this disc smoked those 1989 matches.

If you haven't finished your ballot and need a way to power through, these shows are great. I had finished my viewing, but was having a terrible time doing my rankings, and when these were released it gave me an excuse to re-watch and actually turn in a ballot for once. During my original viewing I was laughing at the kid at all of the Vegas shows, so when you guys dubbed him "little Matt D" I was rolling! Hope you plan on doing these for the lucha set too, as I have always been a guy who likes to watch wrestling with the boys more than on my own, and this helps to capture a little of that feeling.

Thanks man, That whole "watching with the guys" deal is what we're going for.