DVDVR Message Board

Lucha Tuesday 9/10/13

Phil Schneider

Rush, Terrible & Vangellys vs. Shocker, Negros Casas & Valiente- 9/3

I loved this, I liked that this was straight violence by everyone in this match. That Rush corner dropkick, and headbutt were amazing and brutal. I also thought Shocker was good, and I kind of like Vangellys as a crowbar. Not sure if this is as good as the best of these, but it was pretty damn close

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jn7Q9FKQy4

Monterrey 9/1Tigre Universitario vs. Hijo del Espanto 2Monterrey keeps delivering the goods. This wasn't on the level as the earlier Lucero/Hechicero bouts, but still a cool chance to watch two game dudes work a match formula that just works. HDE2 had some clumsy moments, but would fly a little for a big dude, and Universitario is always fun to watch. First fall had some neat leg attacking matwork, the second fall was very brief but had an awesome sudden dislocation finish which was sold neatly. Both guys hit impressive dives in the third, Tigre with a really fast one and Espanto's fatboy tope coming dangerously close to breaking Tigre's brittle bones in half over the chairs, but the bullshit finish kind of pissed on the match. Well worth watching overall.Diluvio Negro II, Golden Boy & Vaquero Romo vs. Angel O Demonio, Silver Star & H. de Centurion NegroThis had one of the most badass first falls you will see all year as the rudos just stomped the crap out of the technicos and literally kicking them into submission. DN2 throws some really cool highkicks for a short, fat old dude and Golden Boy was a beast. The match had some of the coolest non-Lucero punches of the year. Watching it I was wondering if Monterrey has a No Blood rule - they ended the match in typical Monterrey fashion, but with a finish that is just screaming for a bloody apuestas match.