DVDVR Message Board

Help me plan my sports vacation!

Greggulator

Hey everyone! I have eight (8) vacation days I have to use by the end of the year. I am planning on taking them in early December. After some debate, I have decided to go on a sports vacation. 

I am going to leave Dec. 1. I have to be back at work by Dec. 12 (technically speaking, since I can work remotely). I will be leaving from Philly.

I already have a few things on my itinerary that I want to see. These include: UNC/Kentucky at Chapel Hill and a home basketball game at either Butler or IU. I'm also going to stop at Virginia Tech since my cousin lives there. I also think I'll be hitting up a VCU/ODU game.But I will have a LOT of friggin' time to kill. So I will literally go to anything.I am looking for any other sports oddities. I don't care what. Terrible college bowl game? Minor league arena football? Minor league hockey? Toughman contests? Like anything that sounds super boring/terrifying/strange I'm totally in for.

I'm also no doubt going to hit up some indie rasslin' somewhere. The more low-rent the better.

If you'll be in blacksburg over the weekend (6-8) I'll be down there watching the ACC championship game we'll hopefully be playing in. Not a live in-person event, but the drinks will be better. If not that, let me know if your travel brings you through Charleston WV, which is right in between Chapel Hill and Indianapolis.

Guest The Magnificent 7

IU has two home games during your vacation.  They play North Florida and Oakland (Michigan). 

Tickets were very hard to come by last year, I think they'll be a smidgeon easier this year.  Let me know if you plan on going.

Western Michigan University has a pair of home hockey games against North Dakota on 12/6 & 12/7.  Tickets should be available on walk-up if desired.

I'm sure there's plenty of junior hockey or minor league hockey between Philly and Indiana so you could catch a game.