DVDVR Message Board

Book/Magazine comments that don't warrant a thread

ArtVanderlay

Two comments that didn't fit in any appropriate thread:

1.  How did I not hear anything about a new ghost-written Lisabeth Salander novel until I walked into Barnes & Noble on Tuesday?

2.  When did Maxim (with Idris Elba on the cover) and Cosmopolitan (with Lauren Conrad in a purple nightie with her boobs practically falling out) change places with Cosmo becoming a "lad's magazine"?

The Trilogy series is a bit like the LOTR films for me. Saw the first LOTR film in the cinema, 2nd on DVD, 3rd when it hit TV. With the Trilogy series, I haven't even reached the 3rd book but my interest has just waned after each book. No doubt they are good, but I've left it too long I feel for the 3rd book. I don't fancy the idea of a 4th by another writer much either.

I think at this point the only novel I'm looking forward to for this Fall is the new Cormoran Strike novel from J.K. Rowling.

I haven't been too thrilled with the ghost-written Spenser novels so far, just more of the same status quo that Robert Parker had since Small Vices.  At least when Lawrence Sanders died, the ghost writers for his "Archy McNally" series actually tried changing things up, introducing a new love interest for McNally and reducing the roles of some of the more tired supporting characters.