DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: MR. AGUILA (ESSA RIOS)

RIPPA

I still can't believe how long of a WWE run he got. Granted most of it was to get Lita over but still.

I think it is also probably for the best that we forget about Papi Chulo

I will endeavor to watch that mascara vs mascara match later depending on how my day goes since I try to watch at least one lucha match whenever we have a luchador as the WOTD, but this is a really fun five minute match with the best parts being Lita cracking up at Richards' antics and the transition as TAKA pays for trying to copy Lita and Rios' tornado DDTs from earlier in the match. 

EDIT: Hours later and the board is back. I did see the match. I thought Guerrero was the better guy in there but some of the aerial stuff that Aguila did was really fantastic. I loved how he hit his dives. The end of the first fall seemed a little rough. I did like the multiple comeback attempts by Guerrero before it finally set in and though the third fall got a bit over-kill-y with some of the stuff they were doing, the selling was ultimately good and it was unquestionably fun and exciting. The way Guerrero just mauls him at the end with two completely unnecessary throws before the finish was kind of great.