DVDVR Message Board

IMPACT x NJPW "Multiverse United 2: For Whom The Bell Tolls" - 8/20/23

tomorrow afternoon on FITE

IMPACT x NJPW Multiverse United 2: For Whom The Bell Tolls - August 20, 2023 from Philadelphia, PA

IMPACT WORLDS HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Alex Shelley(c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

NJPW STRONG WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Giulia(c) vs. Deonna Purrazzo vs. Momo Kohgo vs. Gisele Shaw

Bullet Club (Ace Austin, Chris Bey, Alex Coughlin, Clark Connors, David Finlay, & KENTA) vs. El Phantasmo, Josh Alexander, PCO, Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa, & The DKC

TMDK (Zack Sabre Jr. & Shane Haste) vs. Moose & Eddie Edwards

Lio Rush & Trey Miguel vs. Speedball Mike Bailey & Hiromu Takahashi

Douki vs. Sami Callihan

TMDK (Robbie Eagles & Kosei Fujita) vs. Catch 2/2 (TJP & Francesco Akira) 

Bushi vs. Chris Sabin vs. El Desperado vs. Frankie Kazarian vs. Kevin Knight vs. Mao vs. Rich Swann vs. Yoh

PRESHOW:

IMPACT DIGITAL MEDIA CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Kenny King(c) (w/ Sheldon Jean) vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru

Heath, Joe Hendry, & Yuya Uemura vs. Rocky Romero, Master Wato, & Ryusuke Taguchi

X Division Scramble was a typically fun opener. TMDK vs Moose/Eddie was awesome. Liked the early Eddie/Sabre exchanges and then Moose and Haste started having some pretty great exchanges too, dug Moose & Eddie teaming up again. 

Women's 4 way was epic with Giulia properly coming off like a total star in front of this audience for the first time. Loved the brief bits of Giulia vs Deonna in there.  Callihan/Douki turned in to a pretty fun hardcore brawl. 

Enjoyed the Bullet Club tag, Josh Alexander looked good being back in the ring.  X Division tag was the best, everyone looked great there with some great near falls as well. Shelley/Tanahashi delivered a solid main event.

Full results from Multiverse United 2

Spoiler

PRESHOW:

*Heath, Joe Hendry, & Yuya Uemura def. Rocky Romero, Master Wato, & Ryusuke Taguchi (10:21) when Yuya pinned Taguchi with the flying cross body. 

*Kenny King(c) def. Yoshinobu Kanemaru (6:55) after the Royal Flush to retain the Digital Media Championship 

IMPACT x NJPW Multiverse United 2: For Whom the Bell Tolls - August 20, 2023 - Philadelphia, PA

*Chris Sabin def. Bushi, El Desperado, Frankie Kazarian, Kevin Knight, Mao, Rich Swann, & Yoh (8:13) with the Cradle Shock on Yoh. After the match, Bushi laid out Sabin with black mist. 

*Moose & Eddie Edwards def. TMDK (Shane Haste & Zack Sabre Jr.) (13:27) when Moose pinned Haste after the Spear.

*Giulia(c) def. Deonna Purrazzo, Gisele Shaw, & Momo Kohgo (12:25) after a northern lights bomb on Shaw to retain the NJPW Strong Women's Championship. After the match, Momo tried to attack Giulia but got laid out. 

*Sami Callihan def. Douki (12:55) in a South Philly Street Fight after the Piledriver through steel chairs.

*Catch 2/2 (TJP & Francesco Akira) def. TMDK (Robbie Eagles & Kosei Fujita) (11:31) when TJP pinned Fujita after the 2x2

*Bullet Club (Ace Austin, Chris Bey, David Finlay, Alex Coughlin, Clark Connors, & KENTA) def. Josh Alexander, PCO, El Phantasmo, Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa, & The DKC (14:11) when Finlay pinned DKC with a powerbomb

*Lio Rush & Trey Miguel def. Speedball Mike Bailey & Hiromu Takahashi (14:32) when Lio pinned Hiromu with a rollup after a low blow. After the match, Lio cut a promo telling Hiromu that he wants the IWGP Junior Championship, leaving Speedball reminding Hiromu that he promised him the shot. 

*Alex Shelley(c) def. Hiroshi Tanahashi (18:55) after the Shellshock to retain the Impact Worlds Championship

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 2

oh man. i am just now seeing that this was last weekend. [luckily for me, i've unknowingly avoided spoilers.] i (obviously) don't follow Impact, but a major show like this should always be an exception.

adding it to my view list, although it comes after All In UK, NWA 75, (and probably, by the time i get to it) All Out. 

we truly live in a time that can be summarized as "an embarrassment of riches". that's certainly not a complaint, although many times it feels like watching wrestling is as much an obligation as it is a relaxation tool. i feel like a realignment is in my near future.

Edited by twiztor
  • Like 3