DVDVR Message Board

DEATH VALLEY DRIVERETTE 11052014! MOTHERFUCKING VIRUS!

DEAN

DRIVERETTE 1152014

I've been really busy AFTER running out of any wrestling that I wanted to watch, so actually the busy section led a dual purpose- letting me get stuff done at work, and also allowing me to regather the energy to go on the never-ending search for wrestling that I would dig.  So yeah, BEHOLD THE PRO WRESTLING!  YEssssssss, BEHOLD,  THE PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING!

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@SINGLES

################GOING

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$STEADY

-------------------------------------

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ VIRUS vs FUEGO- CMLL- 6/15/2014:  Jiminy Crickets, my Youtube Watch Later list has bloated up like a tick on Phil Rippa's giant neck.  I'm up to like 330 matches that passed the initial "save/another fucking 3-way in fucking 2014?/Jesus, another mixed gender indie match/ NOAH undercard, eh? Just how much do I hate myself?" test.  So fuck it, I'll start again with Virus, because he is awesome and I like awesome wrestling!  Fuego dances with the busty young ladies at ringside and is sporting the Macho Man Randy Savage tassled jacket so there is already a lot to love in this match.  Virus has the belt and strolls casually past the ladies in the tiny pants.  He has no time for ladies, only BUSINESS. The belt is pretty great- what with the flags of Canada and Great Britain and stuff.  My gard, the ring gals are punishing my tiny aged heart.  Luckily the wrestlers lock up in the ring and I can breath easy.  They start with Virus working a headlock into a kneelock- as I note that this just might go 30 minutes.  Fuego does a nice lucha takedown and I am locking into the groove of this match.  Virus makes with the half-Nelson and the quarter-Nelson that Fuego counters out of and it's all lowgrade but pretty nasty looking- leading into some really nice submission sequences.  Virus works the shoulder, Fuego counters and then Virus counters and so on.  Just when I figure I'm going to have to start liking this as a heatless title match, they start beating the hell out of each other.  I'm guessing because Virus is fucking awesome and it is at the point wher a fucking awesome wrestler would do something to begin making the match awesome, this is the reason Virus does this.   Fuego is all agile and nifty in the ring, countering the rudo onslaught that Virus unleashes (one should note that Fuego leans into the kicks to the face and shoulderblock like a champ).  They hit a series of in-ring roll-ups and counters that are beautiful in a primera caida lowgrade way to lead into the truly sweet 5 step lucha submission that Virus sinks in.  That was a quality title match first fall.  SHOW ME SOMETHING  I CAN'T DO!  And they do that in the first caida and it is smooth and beginning to be touch upon the unearthly in its lucha grace.  The second fall starts with Virus using his rough tactics that aren't actual cheating to wear down the technico.  He works the knee and Fuego has to crawl for the rop break with Virus then going completely Ric Flair on him, stomping the knee joint, leaning into the kneelock, forcing second rope break on a Step-Over Toehold Front Facelock.   After taking out a wheel,  Virus goes into the corner and Fuego counters a corner lariat and does the really cool thing of attacking Virus with the same intensity of violence as a rudo and then- once ahead, he rolls through to a fucking beautiful 3 step lucha surfboard to take the fall.  Man, this is what you would call "old school" if "old school" still meant anything.  Let's just say that this is a good take on the structure of a classic lucha libre title match.  Third fall stays on the mat until Fuego starts dropping elbows and legdrops.  Virus is awesome staying patient and trying to get the advantage while setting up all of Fuego's in-ring spots.  After assorted counters to Virus attempting to get on offense, Virus bumps through the ropes to the floor to set up Fuego's fucking beautiful Actual Tope, with Virus slamming into the rail to let the audience know that he would have definately slaughtered entire families in the first three rows if this was 1986 and there was no guard rail.    Fuego makes with the Northern Lights Suplex and follows up with a total Greg Valentine Lateral Suplex and it's not looking good for the champion.   Fuego goes up top and hits a full fat landing Love Machine Splash and its a two count that Virus survives, allowing them to start smacking each other to set up Virus with the toprope Frankensteiner.  Folks probably already realize that pretty much nobody puts a match together as well as Virus does.   the slow build, the deep psychology mixed in with the right time to jazz things up when they get too plodding.  Also note that Virus has the best Toprope Elbow in wrestling and he decapitates Fuego with it.  Fuego survives the ensuing  Suplex and two count and they start the finish by doing some desperation roll-ups and roll-up counters.  Virus drags Fuego to the top and hits a super preposterous flying body vice rana that is AWWWEOSME.  This leads up to some wildly desperate roll-ups by Fuego to set up the motherfucking BEAUTIFUL nine step roll-up into three submission variations.  Goddam, Virus is a fucking master and Fuego was up to the task.  ZILLION STARS.

TOMORROW:  I will watch wrestling and hopefully write about it!  YESS!

• Like 3