DVDVR Message Board

Watch Dogs

Adam

JT PLAYS WATCH DOGS 2 LONG AFTER EVERYONE ELSE HAS (EPISODE 21):

• W4tched is a wrap.  Some missions are much harder when you're deliberately trying not to kill anyone.  Building a large body count of FBI agents is probably a bad idea when you are trying to convince society at large that you're not the bad guy.. 
  • I have a shit ton of money, so naturally I went to the gentleman's warehouse and bought a suit for the mission where I had to infiltrate the FBI HQ in Frisco.  It still felt funny to pull my mask up whenever I went into sneak mode.  Parts of that mission can eat a bag of dicks because the best hidey hole in the FBI building is just shy out of RC range and some of the vents are positioned in a way that makes Jumper use problematic.  You will just end going in yourself and systematically KOing or tasing every guard on the floor in order to reach your objective with minimum fuss.  Not terribly challenging or original when you've got a full access of hacks at your disposal.  I do like the FedSec t-shirt I got as a reward, though.
  • Still haven't unlocked the achievement for completing 5 DedSec events, but I did manage to find an online partner and get a Crime Hunt mission done, so Hold My Hand (complete one online co-op mission) achievement is done.  If I am feeling brave, I will try the Online Hacking thing since one or two of my partners were n00bs trying to do the Hard missions with low grade hacks.  If I get thrown into a room with a relatively inexperienced player, I should be able to get Troll'r done.
  • I still have Bounty Hunters locked out of my game, though.  I don't need that kind of grief yet.
  • Eye 4 An Eye is also a wrap.
Spoiler

RIP Horatio.. :(

• This mission tree was the opposite of W4tched, because it is also very hard to successfully complete a mission when you're trying to kill NEARLY EVERYONE on the map.  I hate DedSec guns but if homicide and stealth are your goals, flash suppressed weapons are probably your best bet here.  However, I was able to make do with the 1911 pistol and the SVD sniper file.  The Sniper Rifle actually came in handy in the third mission and I took out one of my objective targets with a pretty sweet headshot.  Police took out one of my targets and I smoked the last one myself with the 1911 when he tried to make a run for it.   SWEET, SWEET REVENGE~!
  • Normally cops responding to my violence would not be a good thing, but them showing up in response to my gunfire and being met with angry Hispanic gangbangers provided enough distractions for me to weave my way through the chaos and handle business.  SFPD then did me the solid of riling up the 560s, so I used that opportunity to steal a police cruiser and make my getaway.
  • The last mission was strangely cathartic.  I thought I was going to be pissed because the game was going to cheat me of vengeance since you have to access the mission are remotely with your Jumper. 
  • You cannot confront Pablo the Skinner (the Tezcas jefe) directly, so you can't just shoot him in the head yourself.  I could've elected to forge an APB and send the cops to arrest Pablo while his dog fighting operation was going down, but sending in wave after wave of rival gang bangers to thin the Tezcas bodyguard herd (Gang Skirmish hack 4TW) and then unlocking the dog pens and watching through the cameras as Pablo got mauled to death by angry Rottweilers was Number One & The Best.  Netflix Punisher would've been proud.

19 hours ago, assfax said:

That Alcatraz bit where I gotta get the guy and then leave the island was killing my ass. 

I have ridiculous amounts of patience thanks to my OCD, so I found this mission to be rather simple. 

Use the junction boxes inside of the jail cells to set up proximity traps and then use your Lure hack to get cops to investigate them.  When they get zapped unconscious, remotely lock the cell door behind them. 

There are also a large number of junction boxes in the cell block you can use to shock enemies senseless.

When you've thinned the number of cops to a manageable number, go in and take out the rest of the remaining guards (I used my taser to maintain stealth), free the hostage, and then find a boat to make your getaway.

Using junction boxes as traps is one of the first tactics you learned in the intro mission where you erased your ctOS profile, so it should always be in your basic strategy toolbox.

19 hours ago, assfax said:

Then I realized I had little EMP grenades I never even knew I had. 

I depend more on gadgets rather than guns, so I never forget to use my EMPs and IEDs.  The problem is that it is hard to use zappers and boomers and maintain stealth. 

If a mission requires something to be blown up or otherwise destroyed, my first inclination is to use my quadcopter to scout the are from the air, locate the nearest forklift and explosive palate, and then use my RC wizardry to deliver the makeshift bomb to my target, rather than sneaking in myself and making the target go boom.

In my game, I just invested Research Points into the hack that allows your Jumper and Quadcopter to deploy your IEDs and EMPs, so I am sure I will be using that route to take targets out more often from here through to the endgame.

JT PLAYS WATCH DOGS 2 LONG AFTER EVERYONE ELSE HAS (EPISODE 22):

• Bad Medicine is a wrap.  The premise of the mission tree (aka DedSec investigates the Russian Mafia's ransomware extortion racket on local hospitals) is fucking awesome.  If only Aiden had more missions where he protected the public rather than furthered his personal vendetta, I'd probably have liked him a lot more than I did.
  • Jordi Chin's special guest appearance was as king sized as I hoped it would be.  I was a little perplexed as to why T-Bone did not recognize Jordi's handiwork, then I remembered that the only one of Aiden's associates who had direct contact with Jordi was Claire and she's dead. :(
  • I am digging these missions against hardened organized criminals where I don't really feel the need to be non-lethal.  The last two missions featured some rather satisfying firefights and Jordi plying his ninja skills in the last mission was a pretty nice touch.  I also enjoyed digging in during the dam raid and protecting the target area with prox mines while I ran my download on the Bratva data server.  BOOOOM~!
  • The game hates my OCD.  In the second mission, there is a Key Data bit that is a fucking bitch to get to and just when I had my Jumper in position to make another attempt to snag it, Jordi fucking shot it with his sniper rifle because he felt I was wasting too much time.  Bastard.
  • I tried to do a Hacker Invasion but the guy must've hit his Pause menu and found out he was in an online session.  He bounced from the room just as I was closing in on him.

JT PLAYS WATCH DOGS 2 LONG AFTER EVERYONE ELSE HAS (EPISODE 23):

• Robot Wars is a wrap.  The infiltration in the second part of the mission was a bit tricky.  I hate it when I have to send in my jumper blind and then have to quickly try to evade security guards out to destroy it while avoiding detection myself.  The Hack Teh Planet part of the mission was awesome, but how are we supposed to be the good guys when we're shutting down power grids in South Korea while trying to path back to a data farm in Delaware?
  • Shanghaied is also a wrap.  So, the Aunty Shu Boys are actually backed up by a Triad in HK?  I figured that was the case.  Very interesting mission focusing on human trafficking and cyberwarfare.  Nice of Ubisoft to protect sales of this game in China by making the villains of the economic espionage and market tampering out to be a criminal element instead of Beijing.
  • I successfully invaded another player's game and unlocked the Troll'r achievement.  I hid in a shopping mall below street level and poor SoaringDuke825 was none the wiser.  No need to try this again; I am good with getting the one that counts.
  • I finally unlocked the One Of The Gang achievement for completing five DedSec events.  I'm guessing it had to be five events completed in the current game because it did not seem to count the successful armored car robbery from a previous game.
  • I'm going to try to complete the Off The Hook online operation for this fifty point rare achievement.  This means possibly pairing up with another online player.  Hopefully I won't get any of the dumbasses from this weekend's online play who seem to like to blow things up and put all of the enemies on high alert.

JT PLAYS WATCH DOGS 2 LONG AFTER EVERYONE ELSE HAS (EPISODE 24):

• I can see why completing Off The Hook is a fifty point rare achievement.  The plot is pretty interesting (force a notorious cybercriminal out of hiding by disrupting his deals and operations), but the rest is pretty crazy.  You have to complete NINE different sub missions in order to unlock the final mission and it is Online Co-Op, so most likely you will be doing it with a partner who may or may not fuck things up.
  • I dragged a couple of goofballs through the first three missions, but then I settled in with a player who knew what the fuck he was doing.  We burned through the final six online missions and dealt with the final mission in short order.  Prize Catch achievement unlocked!
  • Things took a bit longer than they should have because he was hosting and he left the Hacker Intrusion and Bounty Hunters flags set to Yes. *sigh*  We had to deal with one guy trying to invade his game and we also had a Bounty Hunter trying to knock us off during one of the sub missions.  Unfortunately for me, my partner got the killshot on the Bounty Hunter, so I missed out on the Natural Born Killer achievement unlock.  Damn...
  • I am one mission short of completing Power To The Sheeple and then I think that the endgame mission is next.  I have unlocked all of my skills, but I am still several Research points short of having access to all of my hacks, so obviously there is still a bunch of shit hidden in the city.
  • And on that note, it figures that the one gang outfit I have collected all of the items for is the Sons of Ragnarok gear.  Marcus looks like a member of the Village People in that get-up..  I wear the Tezcas cargo pants a lot with my other DedSec gear.  They're pretty awesome.
  • The third mission of Power To The Sheeple is the very same mission that served as the gameplay intro at E3.  Talk about spoilers.  No need for a walkthough, eh?
  • Once I'm done with this, I'll knock out Tales From the Borderlands right quick, I suppose, and then move on to Destiny 2 for the rest of my natural life or at least until Red Dead 2 comes out.

JT PLAYS WATCH DOGS 2 LONG AFTER EVERYONE ELSE HAS (EPISODE 25):

• Power to the Sheeple is a wrap.   The destruction of the voting machines mission is trivialized when your drone can drop bombs on shit.
  • Endgame Mission is also a wrap.  I finally got to blow shit up while playing as Wrench.
  • All in all, I am very happy with my WD2 experience.  I only have three achievements left to unlock and since they have to deal with Bounty Hunting and the Showd0wn PVP stuff, I don't feel all that compelled to get that shit done.
  • I may play this again fairly soon if Destiny 2 angers me a great deal, but I also need to TFTB to knock out before I get deep in the weeds of The Red War.