DVDVR Message Board

Countdown to Summerslam

NikoBaltimore

Much like the Daniel Bryan documentary I felt this deserved its own thread.

This show needs to be seen by everybody immediately.  The backstory for all three was really well-done.  They even had Drake Younger in this, which reminded me that he is now a referee.  Much like the Punk and Daniel Bryan docs this had footage from ROH as well as DGUSA and CZW.  Still weird seeing that on WWE programming, even if I should be used to it by now.  This was definitely marketed toward guys like us and is worth going out of your way to see.

EDIT:  Whoops, didn't see it's being talked about in the main thread.  Feel free to discuss anyway, or mods can close it if they wish.

• 4 weeks later...

finally got around to watching this after reading everyone's praise last month.  thoughts:

Michael Hayes must look like shit because he was CAKED in makeup.

Bily Gunn looks an awful lot like Bob Holly now. this should be a talking point.

the doc was awesome and actually convinced me that i needed to watch SummerSlam. then they showed the highlights from the Shield matches and i decided not to.

taking a fairly in-depth look at each member, going into detail about their time in FCW/NXT developmental was interesting and probably my highlight.

Heyman was, as usual, the best talker on the show. all three shield members looked like main eventers.

no mention of Shield/Wyatts at Elimination Chamber? i feel like that should have at least had a minute or a talking head mentioning how awesome it was.